What's new

Best Battery Charger?

VickyCaramel

Postman
I know there are lots to chose from. But what I really would like is one that can tell me if my battery needs replacing. It doesn't actually have to have a "Your battery is fucked" display... but it would be nice if I could check to see if the battery is still taking and holding a charge.

I have been looking at the Nitecore and I am not sure they do this. The Xtar VC2 seems it might?

Good question. Doing some searches on the forum recently about this. People prefer different ones, whatta ya know, but I'm leaning towards the nitecore. It's good to ask a lot of questions first coz you buy something and then realise you wanted a certain functionality. Nice to not end up with loads of different devices when one will do the job.

I have the nitecore charger it's been brilliant had it for around a year and a half no problems it's the 2 battery charger they also do a 4 battery charger. So would highly recommend

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I also use nitecore but I think the op is looking for more High tech.

It doesn't have to be high tech, I just want some way to know if a battery is fooked. If none of them can do this, then I might as well get another fairly basic charger like the nitecore i2. ...the more basic, the less can go wrong with it right?

(this will be my 2nd charger. I want to have two so that if one breaks... and you know it would break just before a bank holiday weekend!)

It doesn't have to be high tech, I just want some way to know if a battery is fooked. If none of them can do this, then I might as well get another fairly basic charger like the nitecore i2. ...the more basic, the less can go wrong with it right?

(this will be my 2nd charger. I want to have two so that if one breaks... and you know it would break just before a bank holiday weekend!)

I agree.
In my view you should have two of anything that is crucial to your vaping.
I use the nitecore i2 the two cell one and have recently bought the single cell nitecore um10 that can also be used as a 5v usb charger. I was drawn to the um10 because it has a screen that shows % battery charge Which I find useful.
Not what you are looking for though.

Having looked at some reviews, I don't think the Xtar is what i want either... but apparently, unlike other chargers, it completely shuts off when a battery is full rather than trickle charging. I kinda like that safety which is just £2 more.

Strange that so few of the youtube channels tackle things like this.

Having looked at some reviews, I don't think the Xtar is what i want either... but apparently, unlike other chargers, it completely shuts off when a battery is full rather than trickle charging. I kinda like that safety which is just £2 more.

Strange that so few of the youtube channels tackle things like this.

Hey Vicky,

Have you seen the new Digital chargers from Nitecore, sounds like what your after:
Nitecore Digicharger D4 | Nitecore.co.uk

They actually have an LCD to show how much charge the batteries are holding rather than relying on flashing LEDs.

Features of the Digital Charger:

• Capable of charging 4 batteries simultaneously
• Each of the four battery slots monitors and charges independently
• Compatible with and identifies Li-ion (26650, 22650, 18650, 17670, 18490, 17500, 18350, 16340(RCR123), 14500, 10440), Ni-MH and Ni-Cd (AA, AAA, AAAA, C) rechargeable batteries
• Optimized charging design for IMR batteries
• Integrated LCD panel clearly displays charging parameters and progress
• Two conveniently located side buttons allow easy selection of specific battery types and charging parameters
• Intelligent circuitry detects the battery type and status before entering automatic charge mode (CC, CV, dV/dt)
• Automatically detects battery power status and selects the appropriate voltage and charge mode (with the exception of LiFePO4 batteries which require manual selection)
• Compatible with LiFePO4 batteries
• Compatible with small capacity batteries
• Automatically stops charging when complete
• Features over-charge prevention to protect batteries
• Features temperature monitoring to prevent overheating
• Made from durable ABS (fire retardant / flame resistant)
• Features reverse polarity protection
• Designed for optimal heat dissipation
• Certified by RoHS, CE, FCC and CEC

Hey Vicky,

Have you seen the new Digital chargers from Nitecore, sounds like what your after:
Nitecore Digicharger D4 | Nitecore.co.uk

They actually have an LCD to show how much charge the batteries are holding rather than relying on flashing LEDs.

I did have a look at that again last night and didn't notice any feature that showed how much charge was going in or being held by the battery.

In the end I just bought the Nitecore i2, because it came with both wall and car plugs. And will also charge normal batteries.

By my way of thinking, I just need to know 3 things from a digital readout. Is it charging, has it finished charging, is it time I threw the battery away and bought a new one. Unless it can clearly tell me these three things, I may as well have some blinking lights and not spend the extra money.

I would have thought that if a charger is intelligent enough to know what battery you just put in it, it should be able to work out if the battery is still performing properly.

Back
Top Bottom