What's new

Bought a SMOK ALIEN 220W Mod with TFV8 Baby Beast Tank

Started up my alien vape today,loaded the coil as instructions,let it soak in for a while and started on low watts for first few puffs with special menthol 70/30.. Wow..was like chewing on 50 spearmints at once..lol...soon got over the full flavour shock after 4 puffs and was soon happily vaping at 40w any higher on this flavour mite be tad too much. Think the local shop that sold me the liquid mite of bollixed up the nic shot tho..liquid was 50ml zero nicotine and he said to use 1 10ml of 18mg nic shot...Dont think it gave me the nicotine im used to from the rollies i was smoking. But local vape shop said i maybe shud be using 4-5 bottles of 10ml nic shot in 50ml liquid incase it doesnt meet the craving. Overall a good experience and deff more enjoyable than a ciggie but need to get the nicotine level right...think im gonna enjoy this....

The one nic shot for 50ml shortfill will make it 3mg
Them mentioning 4-5 nic shots was wrong as you will end up with plenty of juice but hardly any flavour as you e diluted it so much.

If you need more nicotine then 6mg would be the max in that kit. If you need more I would suggest a mouth to lung tank which can take upto 18mg at a much lower wattage like 10-14watts. Tighter draw less cloud.

Thanks for the reply, i kind of thought that...when im vaping it seems just a tad short on nicotine.. i tried a ciggie just before and the vape felt just short of what i maybe need so i mite just put one more shot in. I got another juice to try, its lemonade nation blue 50ml...but going to have to wait till i finish the menthol in the tank. I was thinking of getting a mouth to lung tank, ive been looking at the Aspire k3 tank and its maybe better for me to stop smoking unless you can recommend me a better tank .

Last edited:
the zenith tank is well liked on here but not tried it myself or the nautilus 2 and just use them on the alien at much lower wattage.

Thanks for the reply, i kind of thought that...when im vaping it seems just a tad short on nicotine.. i tried a ciggie just before and the vape felt just short of what i maybe need so i mite just put one more shot in. I got another juice to try, its lemonade nation blue 50ml...but going to have to wait till i finish the menthol in the tank. I was thinking of getting a mouth to lung tank, ive been looking at the Aspire k3 tank and its maybe better for me to stop smoking unless you can recommend me a better tank .
I started with the aspire K3 tank and ended up having 3, really good tank, simple and effective, 1.8ohm coils for 50/50 liquid, good for tabacco or heavier flavours and stronger throat hit, and the 0.7ohm coils are amazing on anything including 70/30 at 20W . I can easily recommend the Aspire K3 tank, cheap coils, and with the 0.7 ones enough cloud for an mtl . Do not bother with the 1.6ohm coils, i found no real use for them.

It all depends on the coils you use.

For instance, I usually vape 6mg on Claptons or Mesh, but use 12mg on a simple twisted coil at lower watts....

As most of the chat is about tanks and juice, I'm going to turn your attention to the mod itself.
I know you have done some research into it, but just in case you don't already know, there is a couple of things you need to know to keep it working.
The batteries for the Alien are better charged in an external charger, as the usb ports are a little hit and miss to say the least.
Updating the firmware, the advice is don't. There is a very high possibility that it will fail, leaving you with just a paper weight and the expense of a new mod.
My old alien lasted just over 2 years of daily use before the fire button gave up, which I class as very good, (I've had other mods do less than 6 months). But it's a smok, although it feels nice and solid, show it the floor once to often, (my mates was only once) and it will break.

I'm currently using a smok Majesty in blue resin, to match the blue resin freemax mesh pro tank I bought. And can fully recommend the mesh pro over any of the smok tanks (even the TFV12 with mesh coil).

I hope that does not put you off at all, just trying to help you get the most out of the Alien.

Thanks for the info. My alien already came with the latest firmware and ive a single external charger at the moment which i already had with a double charger in the post which should arrive on tuesday with extra batteries...hopefully im not planning on dropping it so its sittin nicely on my coffee table. I went out with it yesterday and it started raining my first thought was the vape getting wet or damp and not my phone lol..so in meantime im wanting to try diffent things such as mtl or dtl and i have 2 spare coils for the smok tank and which suit my needs best , nicotine levels etc i get my cash at end of month and thats when i'll try stop/cut down the ciggies . So i'll try the Aspire k3 and see how it goes and if mouth to lung is best . then i'll know which to buy from then on. At the mo i know the ice menthol juice i have is a tad too mentholy hit for me after awhile of using even tho i like menthol taste ..and not enough nicotine .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom