What's new

Broke my Fasttech Cherry - Customs Charges?

What shipping method did you use?
The default one, just doing another order, so will find out the exact method before I commit this time.

Getting myself some wire for TC builds as I wan't to learn ready for my Therion DNA75c Squonk, any 'must have' wire advice for 30-40 watt (I don't know the TC ranges yet) builds appreciated - TC L plates as I've only dabbled with 316 24g

Registered Air Mail
Routed by Fast Tech
6-20 days

that was for my first order, so I should choose the:
U K E ePacket
5-10 working days?

Thank you all - lesson learn't :)

Their wire prices are amazing to what I have been paying so gone a little over the top and got a good selection of Ni80 and SS316 to experiment with.

This old question again:).

Most of our friends in The far east know what they are doing in regards to avoiding fees. Fasttech is one. The important thing to remember is DO NOT choose any of the expensive expedited shipping options. These are where you get goods in a couple of days rather than a week but the shipping co's ie parcelforce, DHL, UPS they go looking for extra income and will try and get you a customs charge and all because they can charge you an admin fee on top of your customs bill.

Those 'admin fees' aren't legal. I am into classic Volkswagens and there is a community forum like POTV called VZi. Lots of people import parts from the States via a website called the Samba. In this case Parcelforce were paying customs charges without prior consent and with-holding the goods until their 'admin' charges were met. Someone on there actually legally challenged Parcel Force and the charges were over turned. Customs charges are taxation and it is between you the recipient and HMRC, not the couriers.

The default one, just doing another order, so will find out the exact method before I commit this time.

Getting myself some wire for TC builds as I wan't to learn ready for my Therion DNA75c Squonk, any 'must have' wire advice for 30-40 watt (I don't know the TC ranges yet) builds appreciated - TC L plates as I've only dabbled with 316 24g

The default free one is fine ypu’ll not get charges, but just takes a bit longer. For a quid or two u.k. e packet is usually 7-10 days.

Like @crustyfolker said it’s the likes of dhl etc that you’ll incur the charges. Anything that’s delivered by royal mail, yodel etc here should be fine.

E packet has been sub a week for me for a while now from FT. Around 7-9 days from 3F.

Buy with confidence as long as those pair are showing the stock in.

Edit:: Sorry, original question: Never had a customs fee yet and I've had 30 plus orders from each.

Those 'admin fees' aren't legal. I am into classic Volkswagens and there is a community forum like POTV called VZi. Lots of people import parts from the States via a website called the Samba. In this case Parcelforce were paying customs charges without prior consent and with-holding the goods until their 'admin' charges were met. Someone on there actually legally challenged Parcel Force and the charges were over turned. Customs charges are taxation and it is between you the recipient and HMRC, not the couriers.

Try telling that to Royal mail. £8 admin fee on top of whatever charges incurred. But as said you won't get any fees using fasttech etc. Even if you buy a $100 plus mod.

Back
Top Bottom