What's new

Calix V2 Review

Yes @Mark. He specifically asked about the Nano which was only very recently released and TODAY the Nano Kit has become available for all whom already own the standard V1 and V2 Calix

This is the Whole Range http://www.byleo.eu/bl/el/60-calix-rba

Be aware...... The V1 is being discontinued AND....... The Spare Quartz Tanks will not be available for a while as the Bonding agent is being replaced with something that works better over long term use.

Yes @Mark. He specifically asked about the Nano which was only very recently released and TODAY the Nano Kit has become available for all whom already own the standard V1 and V2 Calix

This is the Whole Range http://www.byleo.eu/bl/el/60-calix-rba

Be aware...... The V1 is being discontinued AND....... The Spare Quartz Tanks will not be available for a while as the Bonding agent is being replaced with something that works better over long term use.
@Rob you mention the bonding agent in the quartz tanks being replaced. As you have probably had them the longest, have you suffered any problems with yours?

Just wondering if it will be worth getting a couple of the new improved ones when released.

I have a nano kit on the way. Can't wait to try it.

Pbusardo has just done a review of the Calix. His review reminded me of the review/verdict he gave of the Erlkonigin; OK but no excitement in his manor. I think this put a lot of people off the Erlk, and I rate it as one of the best tanks ever made. I hope it doesn't do the same with the Calix. See the review here:

Now go and read Billie's view of this review on ECG.;)

I have one of the Pico size coming, so should be fun eh?:21:

So has anybody that's had a V1 for a while had any problems with the bonding on the Quartz tank?

Yeah......... Tell me about it!! I have 4 sitting here with the Bottom Threaded Section separated from the Glass. Billie is looking at a nex adhesive mix, so hopefully this will be a thing of the past given time.

Yeah......... Tell me about it!! I have 4 sitting here with the Bottom Threaded Section separated from the Glass. Billie is looking at a nex adhesive mix, so hopefully this will be a thing of the past given time.
Oh dear, I'll look forward to that happening to mine then!

Is he replacing them for you?

I'm sending them over as Guinea Pigs for the new Bonding Process. I have replaced them as the failed, but I have another Pair that are getting VERY dicey so have got a couple of the V2 PMMA Tanks coming.

I have 2 spare Quartz and PMMA tanks as well as the armour from you so should be able to hold out but think I may get another cage to be safe!

Back
Top Bottom