What's new

Centaurus B80 Issues

Found a pic of the brass discs. No idea what they'd be for. I'll ask Andrew in Vaping 101 if he working when I pop in tomorrow.

20231127_182035.jpg

Andrew wasn't in the shop today to ask about this as he's on holiday so I'll ask him next week.

@LordOdin how are you getting on with the B80?

I asked in the Lost Vape FB group about compatibility and some guy listed a whole bunch of bridges and tanks that he'd tried with no issues.

@LordOdin how are you getting on with the B80?

I asked in the Lost Vape FB group about compatibility and some guy listed a whole bunch of bridges and tanks that he'd tried with no issues.

Not tried it tbh, i think them Disc's are supposed to screw in but my hands are a bit shaky at the minute to have a go. I only tried a couple of RBA's including the Bishop then just put it back in it's box. I have been using the Zaion as my main but will get back to the Centaurus later. When you look at the disc's with a magnifying glass you can see about 2 or 3 small threads on them. I did contact Lost Vape and they said send a Video but i really can't be bothered, i will sort it out some time. My Black Pulse AIO Cracked this morning as i was putting the Dope in it but it's lasted well.

Now that i have it working correctly and been giving it a bit of hammer in terms of use, i have to say i am pretty impressed with the B80. After the last couple of weeks i didn't see myself saying that. It can be fussy when your installing the Boro but once you get the knack right it's a breeze, always make sure the bottom of the Boro is in as far as it can go otherwise you will get Check Atomiser no matter how tight you screw the flush nut in, i push the Boro at the bottom whilst tightening. The thing i am most impressed with is the lack of condensation, i haven't had any during my usage. The Centaurus RBA is also very good for flavour and easy to build. The panels sit nice and flush with minimal movement unless your Boro isn't seated correctly, if the panel that covers the Boro moves at all you will find you're getting the check atomiser error. Now i am more used to it, it isn't my favourite AIO but it is up there and climbing my list the more i use it. This isn't a review or recommendation and just my own personal thoughts on it. Thanks to @JohnNada for making me stick with it when i was getting to the point of junking it.

Can anyone recommend coil sizes for the b80? I have tried 2.5 and 3 mm coils with differing results.

Can anyone recommend coil sizes for the b80? I have tried 2.5 and 3 mm coils with differing results.

I don't have the B80 but these are my go to 2.5mm MTL coils for boro bridges:

Coilology Prebuilt MTL Coils | Coil | Vaping 101 (ni80 as I'm not a fan of SS).

Then for RDL I like these in 2.5mm:

Coilology Prebuilt Coils | Tri-Core Fused Clapton | Vaping 101 (again, ni80 version)

I tend not to try 3mm coils in boros as most bridges are short on space. Instead if I want the DTL experience I use my Orca Ponte mesh bridge.

Also keep in mind coil height and wicking technique can play a big part in the quality of vape you get, so play around with those too.

It's not the B80 that takes Coils, it's whatever Boro Tank your putting in it. The Centaurus RBA that comes with the B80 is more of a RDL to DTL type of Boro though the Deck is similar to the Pioneer Insider which is MTL, the Centaurus Airflow Pins don't go that small plus the Chimney is wider Bore. Plus it depends on what type of vape your looking for. Both the Coils that @JohnNada recommends are both good for there respective styles. I Put a MTL Coil in the Centaurus RBA and it's more of a RDL than a MTL. I think the smallest Airflow Pin is around maybe 2.0mm maybe slightly smaller then 3.0 and 4.0mm after that.

Back
Top Bottom