What's new

Choosing a dual coil RTA…?

Only just spotted this thread. I've been using the OG Blotto's for years and also have a couple of the Blotto Max's. The Max is definitely a bit more roomy to fit dual 3mm coils and has slightly more airflow which produces excellent flavour. Dovpo seem to have disappeared though, possibly swallowed up by another vape company so Blotto tanks and spares will start getting more difficult to find.

Never used the Arbiter although I do have the Zues X which is another decent RTA that will take dual coils. Not sure if you can still get them but it used to also be possible to buy a mesh build deck for the Zues X which was excellent, if you're interested in the mesh option.

Im still learning, despite the length of time I’ve been vaping. You can build mesh coils? I didn’t know of this, more difficult to make than using regular coiled wire ?

Im still learning, despite the length of time I’ve been vaping. You can build mesh coils? I didn’t know of this, more difficult to make than using regular coiled wire ?

I think that applies to everyone around here. There's always more to learn.

I've used mesh but personally I preferred normal coils but there are quite a few fans of mesh RTA's around here. It certainly produces great flavour. Mesh is fairly easy to build but you need to get the wicking right as if not it can be prone to some very unpleasant dry hits. There's lots of advice around though to help show you including some very good build videos on YouTube. Around here @LordOdin is probably the real expert if you want to give mesh a try.

Placed a couple of 2.5mm 4 turns 22g coils in the Blotto Max just now. First impressions, a little fiddly to install the coils compared to my old Siren tank, took several attempts but finally succeeded, wicked the coils with Fuzz cotton and primed the wicks. Very impressed indeed with the amount of vapour produced, this is SO much better than a single coil tank! :) currently experimenting with airflow and watts but a really nice experience so far :)

Placed a couple of 2.5mm 4 turns 22g coils in the Blotto Max just now. First impressions, a little fiddly to install the coils compared to my old Siren tank, took several attempts but finally succeeded, wicked the coils with Fuzz cotton and primed the wicks. Very impressed indeed with the amount of vapour produced, this is SO much better than a single coil tank! :) currently experimenting with airflow and watts but a really nice experience so far :)
Glad you`re enjoying it, in time you may want to try complex coils, (triple core staggered fused claptons are my favourite), the hole centres for coil legs are about 11mm iirc and the configuration of the air flow is such that the atty lends itself to a beefier coil run at higher wattages and that is my usual way of vaping it, but as always if you are getting a satisfying vape then that is right for you.

Agree with @vapervince you'll find complex coils will produce a much nicer vape in the Blotto Max but you can exoeriment with different coils to find what suits your personal taste. One thing that I think is also worth experimenting with is slighly spacing the wraps to expose a little of the wet cotton between each wrap. I find that helps the airflow pick up more juice and improve the flavour.

Back
Top Bottom