What's new

Clap for our Carers - 8pm tonight

I don't mind when communities do it, it's a nice idea, I don't mind when the media supports it ............. I get pissed off when politicians try to get in on the act.

Totally agree, just wished they were paid decently.

I don't mind when communities do it, it's a nice idea, I don't mind when the media supports it ............. I get pissed off when politicians try to get in on the act.
I’m so very glad you said that. It pisses me off that what started as a viral thing has been appropriated by news agencies and politicians. I’ll still be out on Thursday, clapping away and holding the little one in the air (not so little now, she’s four and weighs heavily on the gym closure affected arms) but it feels a bit tainted now. There’s also an element of 1984/Phillip K Dick to it if you ask me.

I’m so very glad you said that. It pisses me off that what started as a viral thing has been appropriated by news agencies and politicians. I’ll still be out on Thursday, clapping away and holding the little one in the air (not so little now, she’s four and weighs heavily on the gym closure affected arms) but it feels a bit tainted now. There’s also an element of 1984/Phillip K Dick to it if you ask me.
It's one of many things that makes me shout "humbug" a the screen. :D

As a punk, I have a deep seated loathing for anything that becomes a societal expectation. This was a lovely way to say thank you - the second it became a weekly event it transformed into something where neighbourhood cunts got to display that their love of the NHS exceeded that of others - which is complete horseshit.

I've a wife, son and daughter who are now back to work in the General. As soon as the virus wraps itself up I'll be back on the volunteer app to deliver meds and run folks about.

I'm not about to stand on the doorstep to prove anything to anybody. You want to hit a pan? Great. I'm not stopping anybody. As far as I'm concerned, if you actually appreciate the work they all do then how about not voting for the cunts who underfunded them for ten years and voted against pay rises for nurses?

Sure, they may like your applause, but they'd appreciate a decent wage and a resourced department a fuck of a lot more.

As a punk, I have a deep seated loathing for anything that becomes a societal expectation. This was a lovely way to say thank you - the second it became a weekly event it transformed into something where neighbourhood cunts got to display that their love of the NHS exceeded that of others - which is complete horseshit.

I've a wife, son and daughter who are now back to work in the General. As soon as the virus wraps itself up I'll be back on the volunteer app to deliver meds and run folks about.

I'm not about to stand on the doorstep to prove anything to anybody. You want to hit a pan? Great. I'm not stopping anybody. As far as I'm concerned, if you actually appreciate the work they all do then how about not voting for the cunts who underfunded them for ten years and voted against pay rises for nurses?

Sure, they may like your applause, but they'd appreciate a decent wage and a resourced department a fuck of a lot more.
I get that, I have the same gut reaction, but I also think it has a secondary value in generating a bond and community spirit locally. In fact, I think it's possibly becoming the major reason for people doing it ............ ?

*'cept where I live .......... in the middle of nowhere* ;)

I get that, I have the same gut reaction, but I also think it has a secondary value in generating a bond and community spirit locally. In fact, I think it's possibly becoming the major reason for people doing it ............ ?

*'cept where I live .......... in the middle of nowhere* ;)
I know, but that whole unthinking nature of subservience sends shivers up my spine.

Being decent and appreciative doesn't need a coordinated action, it just needs people to understand that everyone has value regardless of role. I spend my fucking life trying to be decent and a community person - but most cocks where we live have zero fucking understanding of the notion.

The image I posted a few weeks ago of someone needing quinoa or something, that's this place. Cunts.

So, if it does anything to shift them out of their privileged mindset then brilliant...but it won't. Come next month, they'll be back to carping on about dogshit on the pavement or that someone has a car making a loud noise. They'll have forgotten that a neighbour has a terminal disease or that an old person needs a lift to town. It'll have as much lasting resonance as a "Who Killed JR" t-shirt.

People who make a difference, people who genuinely want to leave the world a better place, those are the ones I have time for. Hitting a pot with a spoon? They can fuck off, I've seen them and they are cunts. They were cunts in the civil unrest in Venezuela, they were cunts when people needed medical treatment and food, and they are cunts in Mawsley.

Once all this is over do you think there will still be the same community spirit?
I hope so, but i very much doubt it.
I think it will be back to the same old shitshow :(

Once all this is over do you think there will still be the same community spirit?
I hope so, but i very much doubt it.
I think it will be back to the same old shitshow :(
The lad just wandered into the kitchen and asked me how I was doing. I told him I was sad.

I'm sitting here listening to classic punk albums and wondering why 'da yoot' aren't angry like I was angry back then. I listed off the reasons to be angry. He laughed. I'm some sad old fucker, I get that. I don't get why they aren't angry?

I doubt a single thing will change. People just don't seem to get it, and if young people don't get it they're fucked.

Back
Top Bottom