What's new

clouds on a bootstrap

bagedntaged

Initiate
20160401_185423.jpg 20160401_185431.jpg

Hi guys here is my quick review of the steam tribe 50w box mod and derringer clone.
Purchased from good ole gearbest for the princely amount of £18 including delivery.
Links;

www.gearbest.com/vv-vw-mods/pp_325303.html

www.gearbest.com/electronic-cigarettes/pp_186766.html

I will put some pics up in a bit.

The mod. (initial impressions)
The Steam tribe 50w vw box mod is a variable wattage box mod that runs from 7w to 50w. It will run a coil from .25ohm to 3ohms. Its usb rechargable with a built in 2000mah battery and is primarily built from aluminium.
Bang for buck its hard to beat. Wouldnt say its a proper 50w mod as it fails to fire at full tilt on a .5 ohm coil unless it is fully fully charged. I dont think the battery has the oomph to support the wattage. However im halfway through its first charge and it runs along at 40w no problem.
The build of it is lovely. Absolutely solid. Hefty for its size. (it's a little taller than a std 10ml eliquid bottle). It is let down (in my opinion) by the brass 510 connection. It is sprung loaded but it is super stiff.
There is a light rattle from the fire button but it's nothing to worry about.
It comes with a very nice hard backed zipper wallet. But be warned, there are no instructions what so ever with it.
It is usb chargeable. Not tried to see if its a pass through. To be honest i put the cable in the bin.
I have read that it wants a .8mah charger or to charge from a computer usb port. (will report on charge times in a day or two)
So far for an out and about tiny box mod that will sub ohm 0.25 to 3 ohms i love it. Great for in the pocket. Very discreet in the hand and the display is very clear. Plus it cost me about as much as a 10ml bottle of premium juice. Bargain.

The derringer clone.
What can i say.
Build quality is perfect. It all goes together nice and tight. Fires great with the derringer flavour cloud. I love it.
I have two gripes.
The centre pin is mahoosive. It will not sit flush on this mod. It is a purely asthetics thing and one i can fix at a later date.
The other is the grub screws are made of cheese. They will last providing you don't over tighten them.

Now a brucy bonus.
I have mainly been vaping
http://www.onepoundeliquid.com/high-vg-vape-juice-eliquid.html
The high vg ones are lovely. Cloud1 is very much like snake oil and the heisenburg is just stunning.
Combine the mod, the RDA and liquid you have a massive cloud chaser for £20.
That in my book is a bargain.
All i hope is that the mod has some legs to last a while.
Glad to answer any questions i can.

Back
Top Bottom