What's new

Review Colonel Boom's Headshot and Pearl Harbor

VapeMaster

Achiever
Ok this review is based on a first time order of Colonel Boom's juices purchased from Plumeblu. If you disagree remember all taste is subjective. :) This review is purely my opinion and not the view of POTV etc.

Juice: HeadShot
Strength: 12mg
Vapour Production: Very good
Throat Hit: Medium
Mod: Stingray Black Copper
Atty: Magma RDA
Coil: 0.6 Ohms
Wick: Japanese Cotton
Overall Rating: 10/10

A lovely smell of lime open opening the bottle which is great because I love lime. This is like a lime flavoured menthol with peppermint mixed in. You tend to get lime on the inhale and peppermint on the exhale. Throat hit is medium because it doesn't freeze the throat like a lot of menthol juices and you get none of that head numbing cold that many leave you with. As a menthol I like this a lot, its different to many that are on offer because of the lime and its very enjoyable to vape yourself silly on this all day as I do. :) Will certainly be buying this again.

Juice: Pearl Harbor
Strength: 12mg
Vapour Production: Very Good
Throat Hit: Low
Mod: Stingray Brass
Atty: Kayfun 3.1
Coil: 1.0 Ohms
Wick: Japanese Cotton
Overall Rating: 8.5/10

I have revised this review since my first vape on this juice was at 0.8 ohms. I would suggest to enjoy this juice you don't go lower than a 1.0 ohms coil, going lower results in killing off the vanilla taste and I personally found that the pineapple became too prenounced/overpowering and the coconut became almost non existent.

The main taste is a subtle creamy vanilla with a tangy edge of pineapple. There is a hint of coconut, in actuality quite a strong smell of it but sadly I only pick up on it slightly. Sometimes it actually hits you later but on the whole I don't find it very prominent. On the whole the juice is nice and very easy to vape. The vanilla isn't sickly or overpowering and the tangy edge of pineapple makes this juice very different and unique.

I would have liked to perhaps try this juice with a 1.4 ohms coil to see if the coconut became more distinct but unfortunately I have vaped the entire 10ml I purchased. :D

If I had one major dislike apart from not getting the coconut taste as much I would like it would have to be the rather weak throat hit but in consideration it is a dessert juice so that kind of makes sense.

Would I order this again? I think I would simply to experiment a little more with it but even then I think it would be more of an occasional vape when I want something a little different rather than an all day vape.

Vendor Service:

Service and speed of delivery from Plumeblu was excellent. My order arrived next day and the included pack of Haribo Gold Bears was awesome and yes I did eat that pack within two minutes. :)

Last edited:
I would be interested to hear how you get on with Pearl Harbor in different atomisers TBH. Two customers with the same strength bottle will tell me there's loads of pineapple but only a little coconut from one and the other will say loads of coconut and only a little pineapple :) It seems to change flavour depending on not only the atomiser used but also between mouth to lung inhales and direct lung too :)

In either case though the vanilla is intended to be more a background flavour than the prominent one.

It shouldn't change really with any further steeping as that batch is all 4 weeks steeped now.

I would be interested to hear how you get on with Pearl Harbor in different atomisers TBH. Two customers with the same strength bottle will tell me there's loads of pineapple but only a little coconut from one and the other will say loads of coconut and only a little pineapple :) It seems to change flavour depending on not only the atomiser used but also between mouth to lung inhales and direct lung too :)

In either case though the vanilla is intended to be more a background flavour than the prominent one.

It shouldn't change really with any further steeping as that batch is all 4 weeks steeped now.

Well since my review when I had it in the Vulcan I've also tried it in my Quasar and in my Omega. Still pretty much the same to be honest and I've done both mouth to lung and lung inhales. Although steeping it for a few days has lessened the overkill sharpness of the pineapple to some extent. I'll give it a go in the Magma or the Kayfun tonight. Might also try it with cellucotton instead of Japanese cotton.

Of course its entirely possible I just don't like the juice and I hate to say that when I received such good service from a vendor, not your fault at all mind you since not everyone likes the same thing. One last test tonight. :)

Have you tried it above 1ohm ? I found the coconut more apparent around 1.4ohm and more balanced.

Sent from my D2303 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Well since my review when I had it in the Vulcan I've also tried it in my Quasar and in my Omega. Still pretty much the same to be honest and I've done both mouth to lung and lung inhales. Although steeping it for a few days has lessened the overkill sharpness of the pineapple to some extent. I'll give it a go in the Magma or the Kayfun tonight. Might also try it with cellucotton instead of Japanese cotton.

Of course its entirely possible I just don't like the juice and I hate to say that when I received such good service from a vendor, not your fault at all mind you since not everyone likes the same thing. One last test tonight. :)

As you say, it could just be a juice you don't get on with. It happens unfortunately but is annoying when it does - particularly on flavours you typically enjoy.

As Danny says he gets more coconut above 1 ohm but I use this between 0.6-0.8 and get loads of coconut (in a TOBH currently but I do test in quite a few drippers). Usually with custards they are less prominent at low ohms, this does show up particularly when they aren't intended to be the most prominent flavour too as the fruits will come through much more over the creamy flavours.

When I first vaped Pearl Harbour I didn't really like it so steeped it for a fortnight and went back to it. Vaping at 1.4 ohms in a Nvape mini it really came alive - I find it quite a complex flavour with a different taste every time I try it. Sadly running out now...

Have you tried it above 1ohm ? I found the coconut more apparent around 1.4ohm and more balanced.

Sent from my D2303 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

As you say, it could just be a juice you don't get on with. It happens unfortunately but is annoying when it does - particularly on flavours you typically enjoy.

As Danny says he gets more coconut above 1 ohm but I use this between 0.6-0.8 and get loads of coconut (in a TOBH currently but I do test in quite a few drippers). Usually with custards they are less prominent at low ohms, this does show up particularly when they aren't intended to be the most prominent flavour too as the fruits will come through much more over the creamy flavours.

In answer to both of you I've just put a 1.0 ohms coil in the Kayfun and I would say the flavours seem better balanced and I'm starting to get more of a creamy vanilla taste, pineapple is not too intense either which is better, its more of a tangy edge to it now. Not really getting any coconut at the moment but the juice is certainly better. Will vape the Kayfun empty before drawing any further conclusions. :D

When I first vaped Pearl Harbour I didn't really like it so steeped it for a fortnight and went back to it. Vaping at 1.4 ohms in a Nvape mini it really came alive - I find it quite a complex flavour with a different taste every time I try it. Sadly running out now...

I'm sure you're right. When I revised my review having tried it in the Kayfun at 1.0 ohms the flavours certainly blended better but I still didn't get much in the way of coconut. I think 1.4 ohms may be the sweet spot for it but sadly I have also run out. :)

Back
Top Bottom