What's new

Cthulhu AIO check atomiser !

Hi all , well just wanted to let you all know that i finally got the Cthulhu working !

So just wanted to say thanks to you all for your help @John R @LordOdin @Rob @Crispycritters @wraith @ZenAnarchi

I would love to say that it was because of some brilliant bit of deduction by me but alas no lol ! It was a combination of everyone's ideas and a mistake by me tbh !

So basically just went methodically step by step through everyone's suggestions. checking coil legs, the positive connection , cleaning all the various threading and connection parts etc.
So then put it back together stuck it in the mod and it registered straight away ! So wasn't really sure which part made it work , but wasn't bothered , a wins a win i think lol.
So was tidying up and putting everything away getting ready to wick and juice it up and give it a vape when i saw that the plastic air flow ring from the underside of tank on the table !
Took the tank back out and put the air flow ring back and back in the mod .........Check atomiser !!! So it would seem that the air flow ring is what is stopping the connection as i had taken that off when checking the connection with a bit of paper and forgotten about it altogether. So did a double check and took the air flow ring off and bingo it registers in the Cthulhu. Oddly i tried it again in the Aspire Boxx and it works in there both with and without the air flow ring , but that matters not at least i have it working .

Though it seems i may be back again at some time reading the comments about the Cthulhu on here lol. Oh well , i'll give it a go and see how i get on . As i said before i just wanted to thank everyone for the tips , tricks , ideas and suggestions . It was all very helpful and gratefully received and appreciated, so thanks again and have a great weekend guys !

Some mods are more temperamental than others, it's definitely a connection issue. My Centaurus B80 is a fine example of the issue your having. If i don't get the Boro in a certain position all i get is the Check Atomiser error. I think the issue is either a short or the positive pin isn't making a proper connection, If it isn't a short try cleaning the positive connection on the Bridge and the Mod, if the Bridge works in your Aspire Boxx then the issue is with your Cthulhu. If it's new then get in touch with your vendor for a replacement. If they say there is nothing wrong with the Cthulhu then ask them to put a build in it. You shouldn't have any issues returning it. I am also not a fan of the Cthulhu and there are much better AIO's out there. I would say don't buy a Centaurus B80 because you will probably get the same issue. In it's defence, when it works right it's one of my favourite AIO's.

Hi mate , just wanted to say i hope my reply to you didnt come across as dismissive, it honestly wasn't meant to be, sorry if it seemed that way . I guess i was just using my logic of RTA's as in if you have short it just wont work full stop, whatever mod its on . So it working on the Aspire Boxx seemed to rule that out, that's why i was so flummoxed ! The story of buying the Cthulhu was , earlier last year i won a SX Mini Vi class and basically i liked the form factor of it so wanted to try a proper Boro type device as the SX Mini has its limitations. But i didnt really want to fork out around £100 , which was around what they seemed to be going for at the time , just to try one out to see if it liked it, and then maybe also have to fork out for a tank/bridge etc on top of that to make sure it was a proper MTL vape. So had seen a couple of good reviews of the Cthulhu and the tank/bridge was a MTL that came with it so maybe that stayed in my mind. I know that maybe the VV pulse would have been been an ideal cheaper boro for just trying out but wasn't too keen on some stuff i had read about it. Then black Friday happened and i came across the Cthulhu on offer with 30% off and here we are lol ! Well i guess at least now i can give it a go and see how i get on with it, but as i say i just wanted to try a boro device out and see if its for me or not. I knew beforehand that boro's can be more fiddly and temperamental than RTA's and also that it is a big rabbit hole to go down, which i know from past experience i am definitely susceptible too lol. Just have to see how things go with it i guess. Anyways thanks for the help mate , take care , have a good weekend. Soz for rambling lol !

Hi all , well just wanted to let you all know that i finally got the Cthulhu working !

So just wanted to say thanks to you all for your help @John R @LordOdin @Rob @Crispycritters @wraith @ZenAnarchi

I would love to say that it was because of some brilliant bit of deduction by me but alas no lol ! It was a combination of everyone's ideas and a mistake by me tbh !

So basically just went methodically step by step through everyone's suggestions. checking coil legs, the positive connection , cleaning all the various threading and connection parts etc.
So then put it back together stuck it in the mod and it registered straight away ! So wasn't really sure which part made it work , but wasn't bothered , a wins a win i think lol.
So was tidying up and putting everything away getting ready to wick and juice it up and give it a vape when i saw that the plastic air flow ring from the underside of tank on the table !
Took the tank back out and put the air flow ring back and back in the mod .........Check atomiser !!! So it would seem that the air flow ring is what is stopping the connection as i had taken that off when checking the connection with a bit of paper and forgotten about it altogether. So did a double check and took the air flow ring off and bingo it registers in the Cthulhu. Oddly i tried it again in the Aspire Boxx and it works in there both with and without the air flow ring , but that matters not at least i have it working .

Though it seems i may be back again at some time reading the comments about the Cthulhu on here lol. Oh well , i'll give it a go and see how i get on . As i said before i just wanted to thank everyone for the tips , tricks , ideas and suggestions . It was all very helpful and gratefully received and appreciated, so thanks again and have a great weekend guys !

Hi mate , just wanted to say i hope my reply to you didnt come across as dismissive, it honestly wasn't meant to be, sorry if it seemed that way . I guess i was just using my logic of RTA's as in if you have short it just wont work full stop, whatever mod its on . So it working on the Aspire Boxx seemed to rule that out, that's why i was so flummoxed ! The story of buying the Cthulhu was , earlier last year i won a SX Mini Vi class and basically i liked the form factor of it so wanted to try a proper Boro type device as the SX Mini has its limitations. But i didnt really want to fork out around £100 , which was around what they seemed to be going for at the time , just to try one out to see if it liked it, and then maybe also have to fork out for a tank/bridge etc on top of that to make sure it was a proper MTL vape. So had seen a couple of good reviews of the Cthulhu and the tank/bridge was a MTL that came with it so maybe that stayed in my mind. I know that maybe the VV pulse would have been been an ideal cheaper boro for just trying out but wasn't too keen on some stuff i had read about it. Then black Friday happened and i came across the Cthulhu on offer with 30% off and here we are lol ! Well i guess at least now i can give it a go and see how i get on with it, but as i say i just wanted to try a boro device out and see if its for me or not. I knew beforehand that boro's can be more fiddly and temperamental than RTA's and also that it is a big rabbit hole to go down, which i know from past experience i am definitely susceptible too lol. Just have to see how things go with it i guess. Anyways thanks for the help mate , take care , have a good weekend. Soz for rambling lol !

Interesting, I recently got the Cthulhu too and took the airflow ring off so never had any problems. Good to know what to suspect if I try using it.

Speaking of rabbit hole...I got the bishop cubed recently to replace the stock tank and so far it's better in almost every way. Not to send you down that hole but if you're looking for a better tank for the Cthulhu...highly recommend :18:

Interesting, I recently got the Cthulhu too and took the airflow ring off so never had any problems. Good to know what to suspect if I try using it.

Speaking of rabbit hole...I got the bishop cubed recently to replace the stock tank and so far it's better in almost every way. Not to send you down that hole but if you're looking for a better tank for the Cthulhu...highly recommend :18:

Hi @sida Well as i said it was completely by accident that i realised ! I have to say it does seem crap that Cthulhu cannot get a its own tank to work in its own mod that it comes with !

As it happens i do have the Bishop RTA, not a bad little tank so that is interesting to know :hmm:. Not sure what im gonna do as yet as its still all a bit new at the moment, i do know that if i like using a Boro AIO i will be in trouble as i know what im like :18:. At the mo it all feels a bit fiddly to me but we will see how it goes !

Hi @sida Well as i said it was completely by accident that i realised ! I have to say it does seem crap that Cthulhu cannot get a its own tank to work in its own mod that it comes with !

As it happens i do have the Bishop RTA, not a bad little tank so that is interesting to know :hmm:. Not sure what im gonna do as yet as its still all a bit new at the moment, i do know that if i like using a Boro AIO i will be in trouble as i know what im like :18:. At the mo it all feels a bit fiddly to me but we will see how it goes !

I did kind of feel the same way with the Cthulhu tank, especially needing the 510 adapter to be able to build it, I don't like having to not lose a small piece like that. The bishop has a 510 on the tank itself so you can just stick the deck straight onto a mod. Probably a good idea to see if you like them first though yeah before spending on more.

I did kind of feel the same way with the Cthulhu tank, especially needing the 510 adapter to be able to build it, I don't like having to not lose a small piece like that. The bishop has a 510 on the tank itself so you can just stick the deck straight onto a mod. Probably a good idea to see if you like them first though yeah before spending on more.

Yea the 510 adapter is another annoying thing to have to have to hand when rebuilding. Plus everyone being different and some needing an adapter and some not ! Well the Cthulhu is still working lol, not a bad vape and do like the form factor but it's early days yet lol. Just a learning curve I guess !

Hi guys , a bit late but an update on the Cthulhu . So it worked ok for about a bit over a month but then the chipset started playing up. Some days it would work and some days it wouldn't. Screen would freeze and you couldn't vape it. Eventually it was just frozen all the time. Have to say Ecigone were great as by that time I was a few days outside their 90 day return policy. But they accepted it back no problem. So just swapped it for another Cthulhu thinking I couldn't be unlucky twice as I really liked the mod. So other one I just started off very basic and tried the tank with the Nautilus coil adapter in it . You guessed it check atomiser !!! Checked it another Boro mod , registered and fired straight away in that. That didn't give me any confidence to try the RBA tbh. While putting the RBA back together and noticed a crack or split in the chimney as well. So that was the end for me and had to send that back as well. Was gutted really as did like it a lot.
So you guys predictions and warnings were absolutely right . It would seem Cthulhus QC is absolutely awful unfortunately ! Still wanna say thanks for all you guys for your help originally .

Hi guys , a bit late but an update on the Cthulhu . So it worked ok for about a bit over a month but then the chipset started playing up. Some days it would work and some days it wouldn't. Screen would freeze and you couldn't vape it. Eventually it was just frozen all the time. Have to say Ecigone were great as by that time I was a few days outside their 90 day return policy. But they accepted it back no problem. So just swapped it for another Cthulhu thinking I couldn't be unlucky twice as I really liked the mod. So other one I just started off very basic and tried the tank with the Nautilus coil adapter in it . You guessed it check atomiser !!! Checked it another Boro mod , registered and fired straight away in that. That didn't give me any confidence to try the RBA tbh. While putting the RBA back together and noticed a crack or split in the chimney as well. So that was the end for me and had to send that back as well. Was gutted really as did like it a lot.
So you guys predictions and warnings were absolutely right . It would seem Cthulhus QC is absolutely awful unfortunately ! Still wanna say thanks for all you guys for your help originally .

Had one for a few yrs now and never had any problems with except the 510 nut getting stuck and needing dremeled out so left some marks around the nut hole and I haven't used it for ages and still works like new so kinda weird you've had two go faulty on you though I have read a few people say what you said I guess it got lucky with mine

I have three of them (one of which is the white delrin) and i've experienced no problems so far.Admittedly i only use stock coils Aspire 0.80 mesh or Smok Nord's.

Had one for a few yrs now and never had any problems with except the 510 nut getting stuck and needing dremeled out so left some marks around the nut hole and I haven't used it for ages and still works like new so kinda weird you've had two go faulty on you though I have read a few people say what you said I guess it got lucky with mine
Hi mate I guess it kinda looks like I got very unlucky . Even Ecigone said it was unlucky to have 2 not working lol ! I didn't just send the 2nd one straight back , I went through all the tips on here for the original I had and also the one to undo the panel inside and tighten the chipset screws. All to no avail unfortunately. I really didn't want to send it back as did really like it tbh. Should I have tried building the RBA,.....maybe but I guess by that stage every tank I tried in the Cthulhu wouldn't register but all worked in another Boro mod. So I think my confidence in it by that stage had gone, baring in mind what happened with the first one too. My mindset was if it won't work in it's most basic form with the coil adapter then I wasn't very confident in it working with the RBA, not sure if that was right or wrong. I guess then finding the split in the bell of the chimney was the last straw. Ecigone would of replaced that for me if I got it working to be fair to them, they were really good throughout.
It's good yours still works no problem apart from your drama with the 510 ! Maybe I was harsh on Cthulhu , dont know, I am not one for sending stuff straight back and trust me I really would rather have got it working. I didn't hear back from Ecigone to say they thought either were working ok so have to assume they were both faulty. Such is life , just have to put it down to bad luck I guess ! But it does feel unlucky to have 2 go wrong !

Back
Top Bottom