What's new

Cthulhu AIO check atomiser !

Martin G

Initiate
Hi everyone have a bit of an issue i wonder if anyone has any suggestions please.

Apologies if this is long winded - Around Black Friday i bought a Cthulhu AIO with the CM tank, my first boro RBA.
For differing reasons never got around to trying it out until a couple of days ago, but it has me flummoxed !
Built the RBA on a build tab all seemed ok, wicked and juiced up all still ok. Put it in the tank and in the AIO and just getting check atomiser , took it out checked the base was on the right way, tightened the lug nut on top , still nothing.
As it was my first RBA guessed it was a build issue, i have limited experience with RTA,s and would say i am ok with those to varying degrees so not a complete novice.
So next day took it apart, cleaned it out but left the coil in, Checked on the build tab again, working fine, even put the chimney on it on the build tab to see if it was shorting .....still good. Put it back together without wick or juice and back in the Cthulhu ....check atomiser again. Took the tank apart again and tried it with the Nautilus coil adapter instead. That registers fine with no problem at all. So the chip seems ok. Then remembered i have an Aspire Boxx that i dont really use that came with the stock coil tank for Nautilus coils. So put the CM tank back together with the RBA and tried it in the Boxx, registers and fires straight away. The CM tank with the nautilus coil adaptor also works fine in the Boxx. Then tried the stock coil tank from the Boxx in the Cthulhu , it registers fine.
So it may be something very obvious but i am confused tbh !

I dont have any other RBA,s to try in the Cthulhu, i could be wrong but the build seems fine as it works in the Boxx, i have seen about issues with the chip screws , but the chip works when i put the Nautilus adaptor in the tank, so i am completely flummoxed, any suggestions or ideas gratefully received guys and girls

The CM rba is a bit rubbish tbh, double check the coil legs are snipped flush with the post.

As @John R says it looks like your coil is shorting. Always cut the legs as short as you can. I too had the same problem when i got my first AIO.

As @John R says it looks like your coil is shorting. Always cut the legs as short as you can. I too had the same problem when i got my first AIO.

Hi @LordOdin @John R thanks for the advice guys, if that was the case ( not saying it isn't that btw ) wouldn't the CM bridge/tank not work in the Aspire Box ? It registers and fires in that mod .

Oldest trick in the book, but always worth a try..... Take your Boro out of the Mod, pop a sliver of paper into recess so it's sitting on top of the contact, put the Boro back in and put the 510 Nut back in the top tightened down as you would do normally, now pull the paper out. If it comes out easily, there's your problem, the bottom of the RBA isn't making proper contact, hence the Check Atomiser message.

A definite long shot here - clean the thread in the top of the mod and the lock nut thread as well - also make sure the top tube of the RBA is bone dry and clean where the lock nut presses against it.

Try removing the o-ring from the drip-tip flush nut.

Helped me with a couple of bridges that were not quite making a connection.

TBH I found the Cthulhu AIO so inconsistent at getting a decent connection even after fixing the screws and replacing the faulty chipset that I just binned mine.

Hi @LordOdin @John R thanks for the advice guys, if that was the case ( not saying it isn't that btw ) wouldn't the CM bridge/tank not work in the Aspire Box ? It registers and fires in that mod .

Some mods are more temperamental than others, it's definitely a connection issue. My Centaurus B80 is a fine example of the issue your having. If i don't get the Boro in a certain position all i get is the Check Atomiser error. I think the issue is either a short or the positive pin isn't making a proper connection, If it isn't a short try cleaning the positive connection on the Bridge and the Mod, if the Bridge works in your Aspire Boxx then the issue is with your Cthulhu. If it's new then get in touch with your vendor for a replacement. If they say there is nothing wrong with the Cthulhu then ask them to put a build in it. You shouldn't have any issues returning it. I am also not a fan of the Cthulhu and there are much better AIO's out there. I would say don't buy a Centaurus B80 because you will probably get the same issue. In it's defence, when it works right it's one of my favourite AIO's.

Definitely sounds like a connectivity issue. Both mods and bridges vary in size (some quite considerably). I’ve got a Link’d clone that’s at least 2-3mm shorter than all my other bridges, and my Bishop Cubed doesn’t work as well in all my aios, f ex. :11:

Follow the advice here, and make sure everything is cleaned and you’re getting a good connection with your flush nut. But be aware that there were a good deal of complaints about the Cthulhu here on the forum, so returning it and picking up an aio that’s a bit more dependable may be the answer. If you need advice on which aio to buy instead, I’m sure we can help you…;)

Tip: this is why I only try to purchase aios that have adjustable positive pins :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom