What's new

Custard question

MrDJ

Legend
Ive got around 250ml of custard that ive had for quite a while but its lacking in creaminess.
now normally i would just dump it and move on but as its custard id rather sell a kidney or a child (if i had one) before i dump it.
so, i gave up mixing 4 years ago but still kept 100ml capp v1 and 60ml Fa vanilla custard concentrate which is well out of date by 2-3 years but exactly the same colour as the day i bought them.. I also have some devon cream from cup cake but thats totally black so i guess time to dump.
If i wanted to give the custard a helping boost of flavour in a full 60ml bottle (1) how many drops would you add and (2) would you use capp v1, Fa or both.
Thanks in advance mixers.

I suppose you dont want to be buying any concentrates, but i would go for ccw (now flavour world) devon cream, at 1.5- 2%. Not sure I would use the capella but if you have the FA Custard Premium (?) rather than the lemony FA Custard (Crema Pasticcera) i would use the Premium at 3 - 4%, not used it in years but it was quite creamy as I recall.

Just weighed a ml of liquid from a standard 30ml concentrate bottle, it was 40 drops to 1ml (1 gram). For 60 ml i would add around 80 drops which would equate to roughly 3.3% ish of the chosen concentrate.

Last edited:
Brill, Cheers @andipandi exactly what i was after.
i wont be buying any more as dont think ill ever mix again and as said sadly the ccw devon cream is black. and yes its the FA custard premium i have.
will break it down from your numbers to try a 10ml bottle first.
cheers bro.

sorry @andipandi but another question if i may sir.

another day another custard :)
bought some goose juice 250ml one shots kit of elfc and its rather nice after 3 weeks so will only get better.
problem is it comes with 100vg nic shots and final mix is 85vg/15pg which is too thick for me.
i want to buy another 500ml but want to swap out the 100vg shots for 70vg shots i bought from lucemill.
question is what will be the final ratio using four 70/30 shots instead of the 100vg supplied.
my head is just scrambled and i cant work it out.
you can tell me to bogof if you like but if you do ill only want to know where i can buy one get one free :D

im calming down a bit on my custard purchases lately.
in the last 3 weeks ive got 500ml drip drop
300ml monsta vape
250ml goose juice and 500ml more if i can thin it out a bit.
thats august sorted :D

bought some goose juice 250ml one shots kit of elfc and its rather nice after 3 weeks so will only get better.
problem is it comes with 100vg nic shots and final mix is 85vg/15pg which is too thick for me.
i want to buy another 500ml but want to swap out the 100vg shots for 70vg shots i bought from lucemill.
question is what will be the final ratio using four 70/30 shots instead of the 100vg supplied.
you can tell me to bogof if you like but if you do ill only want to know where i can buy one get one free :D

300ml monsta vape
Is the juice 70/30 to start with?

300ml monsta vape
ok, i lied. ordered anothe 500ml kit. im going to swap the 100vg shots for 70vg to see if it helps the coils last longer.

Tried a load of them, mostly far too sweet for my tastes, favourites are Manabush's Powwow Sauce and Flavour Cravers Welsh Custard, their Jam Roly Poly comes very close too.

Back
Top Bottom