What's new

Damn Vape Doom X RTA Mesh

Step 7 - Thought "fuck this hassle" and re-wicked the Unity :D
The compression on the Dooms is a right pita, the og is even worse. I usually have 3 unitys, the Doom X and the Siegfried, on the go. With occasional use of the Kylin M Mesh and the SC Titan and Ragner, both of which are hooligans and due to cloudage finding a place to vape them is ridiculous, indoors is a no no, as is out and about.

The compression on the Dooms is a right pita, the og is even worse. I usually have 3 unitys, the Doom X and the Siegfried, on the go. With occasional use of the Kylin M Mesh and the SC Titan and Ragner, both of which are hooligans and due to cloudage finding a place to vape them is ridiculous, indoors is a no no, as is out and about.

I always wanted a Doom or Doom X just because they say Doom on the chimney and it looks cool. Never tried the SC mesh RTAs, but I feel like I should.

I've usually got 2 Unitys on the go and either the Orca Ponte mesh RDTA boro or Kylin M boro in the Pulse AIO. Occasionally I'll whip the v1 Profile RDA out too. Then my gf uses a Kylin M Pro and my daughter a Dead Rabbit M. Needless to say we go through a lot of mesh strips, although my daughter moved out not long ago so buys her own consumables now (I've got her into the KA1 OFRF strips too as nothing else comes close).

Never tried the SC mesh RTAs, but I feel like I should.

The Ragner and Titian are the easiest of all my mesh rtas to wick, so much room, flavour is on par with the unity's. Juice consumption is insane so for that reason alone I hardly use them. The Aromamizer V3, I cant get any flavour out of the thing, I cant recommend that one.

I've usually got 2 Unitys on the go and either the Orca Ponte mesh RDTA boro or Kylin M boro in the Pulse AIO. Occasionally I'll whip the v1 Profile RDA out too. Then my gf uses a Kylin M Pro and my daughter a Dead Rabbit M. Needless to say we go through a lot of mesh strips, although my daughter moved out not long ago so buys her own consumables now (I've got her into the KA1 OFRF strips too as nothing else comes close).

Blimey, I'll bet you three throw up some cloudage, have you understanding neighbours. Mine, both sides, hate my vaping, and one side have a 3 week old baby, so probably this summer, I'm going to be getting some attitude from them about my vaping in my garden, cant fucking win.

KA1 OFRF strips rock, shame about the price though, they're never on offer.

The Ragner and Titian are the easiest of all my mesh rtas to wick, so much room, flavour is on par with the unity's. Juice consumption is insane so for that reason alone I hardly use them. The Aromamizer V3, I cant get any flavour out of the thing, I cant recommend that one.

Blimey, I'll bet you three throw up some cloudage, have you understanding neighbours. Mine, both sides, hate my vaping, and one side have a 3 week old baby, so probably this summer, I'm going to be getting some attitude from them about my vaping in my garden, cant fucking win.

KA1 OFRF strips rock, shame about the price though, they're never on offer.

None of us vape above 40-45W so it's all good! Doesn't get too cloudy or annoy the neighbours thankfully!

Sounds like you need one of these:

https://theecigshop.uk/product/vape-any-wear-vapour-filter/

...or an industrial HVAC unit for your Ragnar and Titian!

Cheapest I can find the OFRF strips these days is £5.99 from LoV. Don't buy them all ;)

Step 7 - Thought "fuck this hassle" and re-wicked the Unity :D

That's exactly what i did over the weekend... Just wish a had the Bubble Glass, as 3.5ml is NOT enough. I do have the Kylin V.3 on the way, and i have purchased another Vandy Vape Widowmaker RTA as mine went missing last year.

You haven't stated what your issues are, I'm assuming dry hits? In that case it might be

1. Hot spots on your mesh strips,
2. The ultem insert can compress the top of the cotton, hence some initial minor raking could be required, I rake mostly from underneath.
3. a n other..

this cut looks about right

View attachment 316360

Fluff out (not done below), maybe a bit of raking from below, then cut a slight angle (black lines), fluff again

View attachment 316363

You want the cotton to sit nicely to the bottom of the deck but not too much, after soaking the cotton let it expand and see if it needs a trim horizontally at the base, making sure the cotton sits nicely with no gaps, to help prevent leaking.

View attachment 316362

View attachment 316365

i got one of these today from ecigone & followed your guide then took my first vape & a dry hit so took it apart & it needed a trim across the top like in your pics & the tails needed abit more of a trim got it sat at 54 w no dry hits & plenty of flavour so in all a bargain of an RTA for 15 quid.

Back
Top Bottom