What's new

Disappointment. Boro.

i think if you ditched rebuildable tanks because of faff, it would be wise to avoid these devices. they are interesting but fundamentally flawed. i think their popularity is due to their ability to scratch the fiddler’s itch and enable obsessive compulsions. they aren’t for people who want ease imo.

I never jumped on the AIO bandwagon but I do occasionally have a read of the posts, I`ve come to the conclusion that the vendors are selling a concept which sounds and looks the dogs danglers, they make loads of upgrades, add ons and customisations as extras because they know that a lot of vapers are tackle tarts.
I would hazard a guess and say that the number of these devices that work as they should out of the box could be counted on the fingers of one foot.

No device is perfect, sadly, and Boro devices have their flaws just like any other device.
The best anyone can do hope for us to choose/use a device that ticks as many boxes for you that it can.
I run a pair of BBs (& another pair of Bantams) with stock (Nautilus) coils. They meet/suits my needs and if the BBs died/got lost or stolen, I’d replace them in the blink of an eye.
Each to their own I guess.

Sometimes i will get a leak in the Ether, but not a dry hit or wicking problem so far, been using it a while

What coil size and wick size are using?

The current build I'm running (0.28, Boro coil by scott at 25 watts), is wicking better than the last one I tried but still dry every 30 seconds and anything close to 30 watts is just dry hit immediately.

I could just be completely out the loop on methodology and science of it but chaining a stock 0.16 sakerz coil at 75 watts I didn't have a single wicking, flooding issue for nearly a year, but on the ether, no matter what wick combination I try, a dry hit every third drag at 25 watts on a 0.28 seems utterly baffling.

i think if you ditched rebuildable tanks because of faff, it would be wise to avoid these devices. they are interesting but fundamentally flawed. i think their popularity is due to their ability to scratch the fiddler’s itch and enable obsessive compulsions. they aren’t for people who want ease imo.

I think maybe I'm just fundamentally useless at rbas. Over my 10+ years of vaping and 25+ tanks, I don't think I have ever got a quality vape from one that's consistently good. Sometimes I fool myself into thinking "aha, I've got it" then 10 mins later, it's dry hit or flooding, hot spot, no flavour, shorting, and frankly, I don't have the patience to spend an hour rebuilding a tank only for it to work as intended for 15 mins.

Even last night when I thought I had solved the ether after 2 hours of faff, the quality from it still didn't match my old £25 horizontech tank and £1 coil. I just didn't want to be missing out but sadly it looks like I'm destined to struggle forever :18:

Are you direct lunging it or MTL?
Typically on my old sub ohm tank I would DL/rdl but after attempting that even at low wattages with the Ether, with the biggest air flow pin, still wouldn't keep up for even 3-4 seconds so had to switch to a more mtl style, and it's still struggling.

I think, although it's all connected, it's an air lock issue rather than "too much or not enough wick", just tried it again, and with the fill port open, I can DL endlessly no problem, but as soon as the fill port goes back in, game over.

I'm asking this because it almost sounds like you're using muji and cutting the pads the wrong way.

I have tried vapefly cotton laces, BP mods pro vape cotton and cotton bacon. All at various lengths, thicknesses, fluffed/not fluffed,

Back
Top Bottom