What's new

Disappointment. Boro.

The cotton isn't crammed in, or mashed up? This might prevent it from wicking with the airlock
Maybe worth posting a couple of picks of your build?

The cotton isn't crammed in, or mashed up? This might prevent it from wicking with the airlock
Maybe worth posting a couple of picks of your build?

Definitely no cramming.

I have tried stuffing the juice wells and barely filling filling them, fat tails that fit the whole thing, thin tails that have enough space for a miniature flat head screwdriver to fit down between the wick and wick hole, long tails that spread down the juice well and short ones that are barely visible, it's always the same.

I understand the principle of thining juice down but as far as I understood it, 70/30 juice is a fairly good industry standard and a tank that can't sufficiently let air bubbles rise with that ratio seems odd to me.

It's definitely initially wicking as I see the bubbles leaving the juice well, but then they all just pool at the bottom of the tank, only if you tip it on a diagonal do they seem to have the space to rise very slowly. There is plenty of space to the left and right of the chimney with the ether but it looks almost flush on the front and back side of the tank, and seeing as these are the sides the air escapes from, seems an odd design.

Well after slowly losing my temper all day at work I decided I had had enough so came home and rewicked....again.

Decided I have been progressively going with less and less wick in an attempt not to choke the juice flow so I went rogue and moved in the opposite direction.

I have threaded more cotton through the coil than I have ever done (seemed to be suffocatingly tight to me), kept the legs long and stuffed as much as I could in the juice channels.

Chaining at 30 watts for 30 mins now and not a single dry hit in sight.

So despite every YouTube video I watched suggesting "less is more", "you don't need much cotton in this thing", the best result I have had so far regarding cotton is MORE, MORE, MORE.

I don't want to get my hopes up too high, (I have fallen in this trap of thinking I've fixed it before:18:), but so far, so good. :doh:

Thanks.

I will see how it goes over the weekend then onto the next problems:18:

1)still disappointed with flavour. Was expecting much better from the set up in general.

2)still unsure why the Cthulhu has such a different reading on the resistance.
The coil is advertised as 0.28 all my other standard mods read it as 0.29 but even with the locking nut screwed down as tight as I can get it, it's still reads 0.35 at its lowest, but the locking nut has a habit of slipping loose every other hour. Ideally would like a good heat resistant, wide bore, hybrid drip tip, maybe an alternate locking nut will stop it coming loose so frequently. Open to suggestions if you know of any integrated drip tips that meet the criteria :)

Well after slowly losing my temper all day at work I decided I had had enough so came home and rewicked....again.

Decided I have been progressively going with less and less wick in an attempt not to choke the juice flow so I went rogue and moved in the opposite direction.

I have threaded more cotton through the coil than I have ever done (seemed to be suffocatingly tight to me), kept the legs long and stuffed as much as I could in the juice channels.

Chaining at 30 watts for 30 mins now and not a single dry hit in sight.

So despite every YouTube video I watched suggesting "less is more", "you don't need much cotton in this thing", the best result I have had so far regarding cotton is MORE, MORE, MORE.

I don't want to get my hopes up too high, (I have fallen in this trap of thinking I've fixed it before:18:), but so far, so good. :doh:
I had a very similar experience actually. It does feel like you're stuffing it through the coil a bit. That's why the BP cotton is good because it's just the right width.

I've also experienced ohm readings being all over the place, and never did understand why that happened. These days I just can't be arsed to check or worry about it :)

Thanks.

I will see how it goes over the weekend then onto the next problems:18:

1)still disappointed with flavour. Was expecting much better from the set up in general.

2)still unsure why the Cthulhu has such a different reading on the resistance.
The coil is advertised as 0.28 all my other standard mods read it as 0.29 but even with the locking nut screwed down as tight as I can get it, it's still reads 0.35 at its lowest, but the locking nut has a habit of slipping loose every other hour. Ideally would like a good heat resistant, wide bore, hybrid drip tip, maybe an alternate locking nut will stop it coming loose so frequently. Open to suggestions if you know of any integrated drip tips that meet the criteria :)
I`m not familiar with the equipment you`re using but as a rule of thumb when I`m rewicking, if I feel that there is a bit too much cotton for the coil, a little to and fro pulling the cotton through the coil usually sorts it out, you`ll get a feel for when it`s just right, you dont even have to clear the scruffy bits of cotton from near the coil.
It`s normal for a coil to read at a different resistance once it`s built and juiced but it`s not mormal for the resistance to wander during use, it`s more annoying than dangerous on a regulated mod.
Like I say I`m not familiar with your vape but a loose thread can be improved by putting a silicone seal (say a small spare off a 510 drip tip) on before screwing down a nut.

ill certainly be interested to see how this one pans out, the knack is to keep experimenting and not give up.

After nearly a whole day of flawless vaping, no issues, half way through work yesterday, I refilled the tank and it's back to same old nonsense. 2-3 drags and it's dry hit, take the fill port out, it wicks fine, fill port back in, horrible. Utterly crushing as after nearly a day of no issues, everything has just gone to s**t again. I'm at a loss :17:

Back
Top Bottom