What's new

Disappointment. Boro.

Was never great with rebuildables so about a year ago I settled on a horizontech sakerz tank and have been sub ohming with stock sakerz coils.

No mess, no faff, just reliable wicking and vaping.

After being out of the loop for 2+ years I had a look at the Boro trend.

Opted for a delrin cthulhu aio and an Ether rba.

Considering the cost, the build quality of the Cthulhu out the box is awful. Scratched and bubbled door panels, glue holding the switch ribbon down half hanging off, awful, tiny drip tip.

Then onto the Ether, using pre wrapped 0.28 Boro coils by scott, hot spots all over the place that took hours to shift, then no matter what combination of wick I use, short, long, thin, fat, it just doesn't seem to wick fast enough. The flavour and clouds seem to be almost non existent when it is wicking then it's continuous threat of dry hits. Not to mention, the resistance never seems to read to the same when screwed into the Cthulhu as it does on other mods.

It would seem, when vaping with the fill port open (impossible day to day but interested as an experiment) it wicks fine but the flavour is still missing, as soon as the fill port goes back in, dry hits, less flavour, back to the hassle.

Is this just how Boro tanks seem to be? Ie, underwhelming, disappointing, hassle boxes or am I getting things massively wrong? (Hopefully, the later).

After 2 days of endless rebuilding and frustration, I'm begining to get the stark reminder why I switched to no nonsense, stock coils that just work to begin with 2 years ago haha.

Please help.

Have a great day everyone.
You get a fix

Back
Top Bottom