What's new

Disappointment. Boro.

I`m not familiar with the equipment you`re using but as a rule of thumb when I`m rewicking, if I feel that there is a bit too much cotton for the coil, a little to and fro pulling the cotton through the coil usually sorts it out, you`ll get a feel for when it`s just right, you dont even have to clear the scruffy bits of cotton from near the coil.
It`s normal for a coil to read at a different resistance once it`s built and juiced but it`s not mormal for the resistance to wander during use, it`s more annoying than dangerous on a regulated mod.
Like I say I`m not familiar with your vape but a loose thread can be improved by putting a silicone seal (say a small spare off a 510 drip tip) on before screwing down a nut.
There is already a silicone o ring at the base of the locking nut, have tried using it on and off, doesn't appear to make any difference haha.

Had a look at pictures of the deck on the ether and it gave me flashbacks to the hassle I had with the orbit which also employs those wicking slots, iirc the knack was to wick it quite light and use a 2.5mm ID coil to keep the wick tails from being too thick, then cut the length of the wick so the ends just touch into the slots after raking the sh*t outa the wick. It was a fine line between overstuffing and leaks.

Had a look at pictures of the deck on the ether and it gave me flashbacks to the hassle I had with the orbit which also employs those wicking slots, iirc the knack was to wick it quite light and use a 2.5mm ID coil to keep the wick tails from being too thick, then cut the length of the wick so the ends just touch into the slots after raking the sh*t outa the wick. It was a fine line between overstuffing and leaks.
I'm utterly baffled, after my 2 hour middle of the night tv session (couldn't sleep), I discovered I fell asleep with the fill port left open and it's pissed juice everywhere. Closed the fill port, cleaned everything up, now it seems to be wicking fine again. *Faceplant the table*

What is going on haha

There is already a silicone o ring at the base of the locking nut, have tried using it on and off, doesn't appear to make any difference haha.
If that was me I`d have introduced it to Mr Hammer before now.
If you prefer to chain vape, have you considered a dripper or a squonker?

If that was me I`d have introduced it to Mr Hammer before now.
If you prefer to chain vape, have you considered a dripper or a squonker?
I have just parked it to the side for now.

Picked up my hold massive geekvape aegis legend and horizontech tank with a 0.16 sakerz stock coil......so so so so much better. Flavour better, clouds better, wicking flawlessly at 70 watts.

Just wish I had comparable results from a more pocket friendly set up like the one I'm trying to make work

My old mod, tank, 2x batteries and 3x coils cost less than my cthulhu mod on its own and its performance is 5x better, just wish it was more pocket friendly.

I have just parked it to the side for now.

Picked up my hold massive geekvape aegis legend and horizontech tank with a 0.16 sakerz stock coil......so so so so much better. Flavour better, clouds better, wicking flawlessly at 70 watts.

Just wish I had comparable results from a more pocket friendly set up like the one I'm trying to make work

My old mod, tank, 2x batteries and 3x coils cost less than my cthulhu mod on its own and its performance is 5x better, just wish it was more pocket friendly.
You`re gonna need bigger pockets lol, I cant think of any set up other than a sbs with a rta that is truly pocket friendly, I suppose it all depends what you`re doing while the mod is in your pocket.
There are some cracking stock coilers about atm but if you`re talking chain vaping at high wattage, that suggests a 21700 mod, a bubble glass and a small fortune in coils.
I have a couple of eleaf rim-c mods which are just big enough to take an 18650 cell but by the time you get a tank on top I wouldn`t call them pocket friendly.
If you dont mind some funny looks and gentle ribbing an obvious choice is a man bag, or a little more drastic but just as effective, a wife with a handbag, but be warned both can have an effect on your social life.

Happy to have a look at it if you want or you could watch a few youtube videos.

You`re gonna need bigger pockets lol, I cant think of any set up other than a sbs with a rta that is truly pocket friendly, I suppose it all depends what you`re doing while the mod is in your pocket.
There are some cracking stock coilers about atm but if you`re talking chain vaping at high wattage, that suggests a 21700 mod, a bubble glass and a small fortune in coils.
I have a couple of eleaf rim-c mods which are just big enough to take an 18650 cell but by the time you get a tank on top I wouldn`t call them pocket friendly.
If you dont mind some funny looks and gentle ribbing an obvious choice is a man bag, or a little more drastic but just as effective, a wife with a handbag, but be warned both can have an effect on your social life.
I'm not suggesting I chain vape at high wattages for hours on end. I guess what I was aiming at was I didn't think it was too much to expect a .28 coil at 25 watts to struggle that much to produce any sort of consistent performance or wicking for 2 mins on my smoke break at work.

As for the man bag, I rarely leave the house without one, especially in the summer. Without it, trying to fit an ecig, keys, wallet, phone, juice bottle and headphones in pockets, my shorts look like MC Hammer pants :18: I'm comfortable with it :18:

Have you watched Mark Todd's video on the Ether???

I'm sure it's his that shows him putting his tweezers down the side of the cotton after juicing the wick.

I'm not suggesting I chain vape at high wattages for hours on end. I guess what I was aiming at was I didn't think it was too much to expect a .28 coil at 25 watts to struggle that much to produce any sort of consistent performance or wicking for 2 mins on my smoke break at work.

As for the man bag, I rarely leave the house without one, especially in the summer. Without it, trying to fit an ecig, keys, wallet, phone, juice bottle and headphones in pockets, my shorts look like MC Hammer pants :18: I'm comfortable with it :18:
Hi mate a have bought the stubby vape and it’s fine the tank on it but a have bought the erther and am having the same trouble as you there’s bubbles and when a open the lid it’s fine but when a close it get half a puff and it’s gone again you get a fix for it opened it up re wicked it so many times be really great full if you had a fix or found out what you have to do

Back
Top Bottom