What's new

Review DNA30 (clone by Cloupor)

If you scratched the coloured variants does silver show through? I'm not known for being particularly gentle with my things, and wondering if it would be best just to order the silver version.

Also, do we know the expected delivery time on the pre-order?

Cheers

I will be ordering one this week and am thinking of applying a clear coat to protect it from scratches.

The only issue is that it's a tad expensive to mess up if it fails.
Dexter's DNA 30 looked nice and shiny...
Did you use a clear coat Dexter or was it just the paint?

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

As it was my first build, I just went for it. However, any future ones will be lacquered to protect the finish, as it wears at the corners. :D

Hold up! If you mean my hana clone, its not coated and has stood a fair but of abuse unmarked. :D

Sorry! Cross purposes!

Last edited:
As it was my first build, I just went for it. However, any future ones will be lacquered to protect the finish, as it wears at the corners. :D

Hold up! If you mean my hana clone, its not coated and has stood a fair but of abuse unmarked. :D

Sorry! Cross purposes!

Would you recommend a specific lacquer?
I'm guessing the best way would be to disassemble the device? This would be bad news as I would probably mess it up rebuilding it

Sent from my iPad using Planet of the Vapes

Sorry double post!
Wifi is being rubbish, did t think it sent

I wouldn't recommend a lacquer, but I usually use a clear enamel lacquer, if that helps. The hana clone seems to be very "resistant" to everyday wear and tear. I've got no marks on mine after three weeks, and its been in my pocket with keys and change a lot if the time.

If you are thinking of tearing down your DNA mod - make sure you are bloody careful with the screen ribbon. It is small, thin and very delicate. If it parts company with the board or the screen, it is fecked. No reattaching it.

From bitter experience, I have found out that it doesn't take a lot to make the ribbon come away. :(

I really really want one of these at the moment I hear so many good things about them :)

Just got mine today and I luurvvvve it ;-)

Build quality is excellent and works like a charm!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Back
Top Bottom