What's new

Do I need to rap batteries ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

banannajoe

Postman
I'm not talking about making a little spoken word rhyme although I might from the answer !
But just ordered s sqounker that takes battery ordered the cheapest bats with charger I could find but was wondering do I or should I for any reason rap them & if so what with !?

I would hope they come wrapped. What batteries were they and where did you order them from?

They should be wrapped already. You only need to rewrap them if they become damaged. However, I definitely wouldn't have bought cheap batteries !
You can buy the wraps from China very cheaply or eBay and I think Fogstar sell them. You just need to remove old one being careful not to loose the insulation ring on the positive end and slide the new wrap over and apply heat with a hair dryer or heat gun on low setting to shrink the wrap on.
Plenty of YouTube videos about.

I
They should be wrapped already. You only need to rewrap them if they become damaged. However, I definitely wouldn't have bought cheap batteries !
You can buy the wraps from China very cheaply or eBay and I think Fogstar sell them. You just need to remove old one being careful not to loose the insulation ring on the positive end and slide the new wrap over and apply heat with a hair dryer or heat gun on low setting to shrink the wrap on.
Plenty of YouTube videos about.
Saw so.e where during my ADHD clicking on the net on ft they was selling wraps now I don't even know what a wrap is because if its just standard bit of plastic stuff with writing g on then they have that I pressumed not having .a Scooby (as the place I saw the wraps they were to wrap the standard ones with as explained ) that the rap had some sort of scientific reason:doh: behind d it ie made the battery feel more cozy so it did not explode or something like that

The wrap is basically just a thin layer of plastic shrink wrap. It's there to insulate. The whole of the outer casing of lithium ion batteries is the negative unlike other little batteries and the positive is just the centre bit at the top.
The batteries you have bought should already be wrapped. You only need to re wrap if it gets damaged to prevent it from arcing or shorting out etc

Where did you buy them and what make / model are they.

Batteries should not be mucked about with, they are safe but are the most dangerous part of vaping.
Wraps need to be damage free as explained above - that is why they can be re-wrapped.

Need to be sure you are safe. It is always a worry when someone says "Bought the cheapest batteries & charger I could".
We all want value BUT it must be safe & suitable.

The wrap is basically just a thin layer of plastic shrink wrap. It's there to insulate. The whole of the outer casing of lithium ion batteries is the negative unlike other little batteries and the positive is just the centre bit at the top.
The batteries you have bought should already be wrapped. You only need to re wrap if it gets damaged to prevent it from arcing or shorting out etc
That's all good then TY for putting mind @ rest :) did get bats from eBay £4.99 with charger just seeimg wraps for sale thought they maybe required for safety measure

what batteries and charger ? there some awful stuff sold on ebay supposedly for vaping, especially not suitable batteries

Where did you buy them and what make / model are they.

Batteries should not be mucked about with, they are safe but are the most dangerous part of vaping.
Wraps need to be damage free as explained above - that is why they can be re-wrapped.

Need to be sure you are safe. It is always a worry when someone says "Bought the cheapest batteries & charger I could".
We all want value BUT it must be safe & suitable.
I make u right that's why I was asking cheers for reply ! Have same bats in my head torch as explained thought an extra wrapping was necessary :8: & wondered y

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom