What's new

Do You Believe The Government Will Lower Cig Duty?

Huggett

Legend
I was just thinking with the amount of money they are losing due to vaping.

Do you think they will lower the tax on cigarettes to try and win back smokers?

It could me just being overtired at 2am several hours before setting off to London.

But I was thinking my cigarettes habbit was 20 a day at £6.83 a total of £2,493 per annum and £2,111.63 of that being tax

New stats suggest theres now 2.3million vapers.

Not I know the cigarettes amount and prices vary for those from a few a day upto 50/60

Now lets say all the ex cig smokers were the same 20 a day at £6.83 a day just over 4.4billion revenue in tax a year.

Do you think they'll bring down tax to try and get some to go back to smoking or even smoke more? To recoup some of what they have lost and soften the blow they have had so far thus putting the Pharma back in business also as another money earner?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

No, if anything they'd just put it up. Data (such as that from New York) has shown that you can literally triple the cost of a pack of ciggies and only see a 10% sales drop.

No.. smoking tax revenue is a huge income generator for the government. They might cut down on the escalator slightly so that it doesn't rise quite as quickly in 'real terms' but as for actually cutting the duty, I don't see it at all. The whole excuse for heavy taxation being a deterrent would be blown out of the water and the government's cynicism and lack of concern for public health exposed for all to see.

Na i doubt it, I think they might just start putting duty on vape stuff eventually the thieving fuckers, hope i'm wrong though

The TMA data shows an increase in tobacco consumption and revenue.

Some research shows "e-cig users" as mostly being smokers as well, just using cigalikes for areas smoking is banned. This would certainly account for the dramatic increase in estimated vapers from 1.3 to 2.1 million.

It also explains why a million signatures is a dreamland figure.

YES :2thumbsup: but i still believe in the "tooth fairy" "Father Christmas" and the "Easter Bunny" :lol1:

Ok no need to be an ass

I was just thinking with the amount of money they are losing due to vaping.

Do you think they will lower the tax on cigarettes to try and win back smokers?

It could me just being overtired at 2am several hours before setting off to London.

But I was thinking my cigarettes habbit was 20 a day at £6.83 a total of £2,493 per annum and £2,111.63 of that being tax

New stats suggest theres now 2.3million vapers.

Not I know the cigarettes amount and prices vary for those from a few a day upto 50/60

Now lets say all the ex cig smokers were the same 20 a day at £6.83 a day just over 4.4billion revenue in tax a year.

Do you think they'll bring down tax to try and get some to go back to smoking or even smoke more? To recoup some of what they have lost and soften the blow they have had so far thus putting the Pharma back in business also as another money earner?

Talking of losing things, I sent you a PM M8. Kindly asking if you had sent the liquid we agreed on exchanging as I have not recieved anything yet.

Cheers
Rich

Back
Top Bottom