What's new

Do You Believe The Government Will Lower Cig Duty?

I talked somebody into buying a starter kit today. They asked me about it this morning, i lent her an ego for a few hours, she ordered online in the afternoon. To try it is to love it.

Vaping is going to spread like wildfire. The more of us out there doing it, the more of us to spread the word.

So yes, I think it will seriously cut into the tobacco industry soon, and will cut into tax revenue. They WILL try to make up for this by taxing vaping. But I really can't see how they can do it. What can they do? Stop us in the street and check we have paid duty?

What part will they tax? I can't seen them taxing batteries and mods. The only think i can see them taxing is nicotine it's self. But to raise any serious revenue from that they would have to put huge amounts of tax on it, when you think how little of it we are actually buying.

I talked somebody into buying a starter kit today. They asked me about it this morning, i lent her an ego for a few hours, she ordered online in the afternoon. To try it is to love it.

Vaping is going to spread like wildfire. The more of us out there doing it, the more of us to spread the word.

So yes, I think it will seriously cut into the tobacco industry soon, and will cut into tax revenue. They WILL try to make up for this by taxing vaping. But I really can't see how they can do it. What can they do? Stop us in the street and check we have paid duty?

What part will they tax? I can't seen them taxing batteries and mods. The only think i can see them taxing is nicotine it's self. But to raise any serious revenue from that they would have to put huge amounts of tax on it, when you think how little of it we are actually buying.

They will tax Nicotine containing liquids sold for the purpose of vaping (or otherwise).
Nicotine liquid is the absolute pinch point for vaping so that's all they really need to tax.

They will tax Nicotine containing liquids sold for the purpose of vaping (or otherwise).
Nicotine liquid is the absolute pinch point for vaping so that's all they really need to tax.

I can't see how they can tax it at point of sale. There is far too much DIY already going on. I suspect most of the vendors are mom-&-pop operations as it is and only a step above DIY (No disrespect meant).

They would have to control access, and tax nicotine liquid. Otherwise, all that will happen is that we will buy juices with no nicotine taxed at standard rate, and add our own nicotine. And I suspect they will have to get cooperation over this with other nations otherwise we will just all buy it in from the US or wherever.

However, my guess is that their attempts to regulate the industry and have it classified as medicine are early attempts at setting up a framework for additional tax.

Talking of losing things, I sent you a PM M8. Kindly asking if you had sent the liquid we agreed on exchanging as I have not recieved anything yet.

Cheers
Rich

Replied Rich, apologises I don't get message notifications just thread notifications

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

I can't see how they can tax it at point of sale. There is far too much DIY already going on. I suspect most of the vendors are mom-&-pop operations as it is and only a step above DIY (No disrespect meant).

They would have to control access, and tax nicotine liquid. Otherwise, all that will happen is that we will buy juices with no nicotine taxed at standard rate, and add our own nicotine. And I suspect they will have to get cooperation over this with other nations otherwise we will just all buy it in from the US or wherever.

However, my guess is that their attempts to regulate the industry and have it classified as medicine are early attempts at setting up a framework for additional tax.

They will tax it at the point of sale in exactly the way they currently do with Tobacco by applying a specific duty to it as a "Tobacco product".
Stronger controls over the sale of Nicotine base for making eliquids, such as requiring a poisons licence and the 20mg limit in the new TPD regulations will almost certainly apply to the sale of Nicotine base liquid, although no-one is 100% sure about that at this stage.

In all honesty, outside the microcosm of vaping forums and enthusiasts the number of people who mix their own liquids are a tiny percentage of the number of people vaping, the vast majority are ego/ce4 users who just buy their liquids at a retail shop, easy enough to tax them.

Back
Top Bottom