What's new

E-mail From E-liquids - Ban Disposables

Most vapers are always looking for ways to keep down the amount they spend on vaping.
Not the regular disposables users! (and there's a lot of them)

In the event of a ban, they may end up being forced to be more cost effective vaping, or spend more on fags or black market disposables.

Not the regular disposables users! (and there's a lot of them)

In the event of a ban, they may end up being forced to be more cost effective vaping, or spend more on fags or black market disposables.

I do think many of them do see disposables as a cheaper and also healthier option, both for the legal ones as well as the larger illegal ones. One of the first questions they always ask is how many puffs do they get for their money.

Im not sure I agree they should be banned. I have bought disposables (on occasion) where I’ve been caught short and a coil has burnt, or I’ve not got a spare battery / charging point.

Agree with some on here that legislation is needed in terms of disposal, but I don’t think a blanket ban is the solution. Likely to see more black market and potentially harmful products taking their place.

I think the worry of a black market might be overstated, people worried about the same thing when the TPD came in... but companies are creative and want to keep making money, if they were banned within weeks we'd see new non-disposable compliant easy to use vapes that would take their place. (like the 'auto refill thing that's in the banner right below me now)

Look at what happened with short-fill bottles, same thing... a direct change because of the 10ml nicotine rules.

i don't think a straight out ban is needed, but we should have a deposit scheme like Germany with plastic bottles, each disposable has a (lets say £4) deposit, this is paid along with the price of the vape, once you finish using your vape you take it back to any shop that sells them and get your money back or have it discounted from your shop, any money that the government is left with from people not bringing them back is put towards a greener future, this would mean we have to make rules around the ease of Recyling a battery. something that i dont believe is common knowledge is most batteries used for disposables are rechargeable cells, meaning that realistically we can reuse the battery's without completely rebuilding them.

ofc this isnt the only thing that should be done, we also need to remove the 2ml limit from disposables (hopefully all vapes as its just stupid) but we need to as companies are currently forced to sell disposable vapes that don't last as long. meaning a disposable lasts a day not a week. my view on the 2ml tank limit is it should be removed, as all it causes is the vaper having to refill the tank more, leading to more spills and more dry hits, and dry hits are not a health benefit. but if we are just changing the law for disposables, we can make it so that it only applies to tanks that are designed to be opened.

removing of internet sales would also be a good idea, mostly disposables are used by teenagers, and having them delivered to your door with not much more of a "are you over 18?" is a problem. but that's a separate issue i hold with them and isn't relevant to the op

i don't think a straight out ban is needed, but we should have a deposit scheme like Germany with plastic bottles, each disposable has a (lets say £4) deposit, this is paid along with the price of the vape, once you finish using your vape you take it back to any shop that sells them and get your money back or have it discounted from your shop, any money that the government is left with from people not bringing them back is put towards a greener future, this would mean we have to make rules around the ease of Recyling a battery. something that i dont believe is common knowledge is most batteries used for disposables are rechargeable cells, meaning that realistically we can reuse the battery's without completely rebuilding them.

ofc this isnt the only thing that should be done, we also need to remove the 2ml limit from disposables (hopefully all vapes as its just stupid) but we need to as companies are currently forced to sell disposable vapes that don't last as long. meaning a disposable lasts a day not a week. my view on the 2ml tank limit is it should be removed, as all it causes is the vaper having to refill the tank more, leading to more spills and more dry hits, and dry hits are not a health benefit. but if we are just changing the law for disposables, we can make it so that it only applies to tanks that are designed to be opened.

removing of internet sales would also be a good idea, mostly disposables are used by teenagers, and having them delivered to your door with not much more of a "are you over 18?" is a problem. but that's a separate issue i hold with them and isn't relevant to the op
Internet sales do not work like this - vendors spend quite a lot of money to have age verification systems built in (a legal requirement) that will not let people make a purchase if they cannot verify their age (normally silently in the background, and if that fails we have to contact them directly for proof of age - drivers license etc). I would say its a lot more legit and safer bet than buying from a garage, corner shop or one of those dodgy cheap b&m style stores for not selling to underage. Where no such legal AUTOMATIC verification process exists. What they should do is take vapes out of none vape shops. almost exactly the opposite of what you suggest.

If you buy online - you have likely been verified hundreds of times without you even realising it.

Back
Top Bottom