What's new

Epetite board replacement

Genghis Fogs

Postman
Hi Folks. You might have noticed my infatuation with Epetite's. I've just been offered a broken one and am tempted by the project of repairing it. Has anyone done this before? I imagine it's a board and screen replacement job. Thank in advance for the wisdom.

Last edited:
Might be worth dropping a PM to @KytanDale whom I believe did one or two before retiring?

Should be a fun project. epetites are nice looking mods shame they don't make them anymore

A straight swap like-for-like shouldn't be too difficult. Just take plenty of photos as you're dismantling it and you'll have no problem putting it back together again.

Thanks folks. I got it through today and took it to bits. First step is to sand down the frame and repray it black. I'll have to hunt out some soldering for beginners videos before I get too busy with it.
IMG_20221022_212014.jpg

Thanks folks. I got it through today and took it to bits. First step is to sand down the frame and repray it black. I'll have to hunt out some soldering for beginners videos before I get too busy with it.View attachment 295605

Looks like the screen ribbon has come undone from the board. a better pic would be nice to see if that is all that needs fixed

Yep, that was my clumsy fingers. I'm planning on replacing the whole lot. I'll keep the old board and might figure out how to check if it's in working order but I don't have the equipment at the moment.

Yep, that was my clumsy fingers. I'm planning on replacing the whole lot. I'll keep the old board and might figure out how to check if it's in working order but I don't have the equipment at the moment.
Plug the screen back in and plug in a USB lead. DNA boards power up on USB so screen, if working, will come on and charging LED will light up.

Probably a wise move, but I've already disconnected it all to get at the frame for a respray. I was thinking of just replacing to board and wires as I can't be bothered to figure out how to check it.

IMG_20221112_200917.jpg
Found a local powder painting company that will give it a blast. Sanded down the remaining paint. I'm going to use some sealant to cover up all the screw holes before I take it in. I'll post pics of the result. Then it's on to buying a new board and fixing it up.

Back
Top Bottom