What's new

EVOLV REFLEX

Ta @eyeball kid just bought one. Seems like a good price here in the UK.

Looks like my bench drill will have to wait until next month's payday.

They have poured a shite ton of cash into it and are making it themselves (and pods). The US payed man hours and investment just won't allow it.

Fair enough, would've loved something like the Reflex in 2012, I might've started, and finished with one of them.

I think I'm the US you get a 40$ discount.if you prove your age is over 40.
It Seems like they genuinely are attempting to hit the US market which is fanatical about finding fault. (Who'd a thought it).
Obviously a lot of cash has gone in with I think the best intentions.
Daniel djlsb did a video visiting evolv and finding out what it's all about which is worth a view and will give you a far better idea of what is going on.
If it works, it works - not going to knock that. I just think they severely failed to understand the European market with that pricing structure for a pod - especially as start-up cost is an essential factor for current smokers looking to switch according to every cessation expert I've ever spoken to.

If it works, it works - not going to knock that. I just think they severely failed to understand the European market with that pricing structure for a pod - especially as start-up cost is an essential factor for current smokers looking to switch according to every cessation expert I've ever spoken to.
Yeah, I've a feeling they're aiming at forward thinking health insurance companies in the US ideally. A lot of the more fitness based new insurers may take a look.
I think they will.struggle outside the US but I'd recommend this for a nhs tool for sure.
We shall see.

I'd recommend this for a nhs tool for sure.
If they want to do that then there's quite a laborious and expensive process to go through, which has dissuaded all of the tobacco companies with their billions. Even then, if it managed to pass, I can't see any GP prescribing a device that would kill budgets like this would. £10-20 is as good as it'd get for a prescribable. Then you have the issue of recharging with the homeless and mental health patients preferring disposables.

Strikes me this is a bit of a Betamax of quit devices when the market needs a VHS :D

If they want to do that then there's quite a laborious and expensive process to go through, which has dissuaded all of the tobacco companies with their billions. Even then, if it managed to pass, I can't see any GP prescribing a device that would kill budgets like this would. £10-20 is as good as it'd get for a prescribable. Then you have the issue of recharging with the homeless and mental health patients preferring disposables.

Strikes me this is a bit of a Betamax of quit devices when the market needs a VHS :D
I've had some long old conversations with our surgery. They're crap but the copd clinic is good and recommends Vaping. Particularly high pg juices to help prevent infections. Quite a bold move.
They would love a decent nhs script option for helping smoking cessation but as you say, it's a long and crooked road.

Hi there,

I have just purchased one of these.. and just received it in the post. I had a question for the other owners out there, did yours come cellophane wrapped ? As mine has not. Any replies are greatly appreciated.

Hi there,

I have just purchased one of these.. and just received it in the post. I had a question for the other owners out there, did yours come cellophane wrapped ? As mine has not. Any replies are greatly appreciated.
Hi and welcome to the planet @Mobiu5
as this post is almost a year old ill tag a couple to see if they can advise @eyeball kid @MHL

Back
Top Bottom