What's new

EVOLV REFLEX

eyeball kid

Legend
WP_20210103_23_16_53_Pro.jpg

This is a bit of an addition to @ZT's thread bellow.

I've been keeping an eye on this since rumours began circulation.
I've been through a lot of pods over the few year's, some very good, some not so.
The
Lost vape Orion was a favourite although it needed a little adjustment.
So These are my, and far more importantly (far more important) my brother in laws.
He has tried unsuccessfully to make the switch to vaping for a few year's. We found the right liquids (firewater No1 & black note) but no matter the set up he just said it was too synthetic and felt wrong.
We came close with both the Orion (best vape and loved the style) and the vappresso osmall (easy to pocket and perfect airflow, he also loved auto draw).

So this little fella hit all the right points visually and function wise.
A small pocket friendly pod device with airflow not just close to a cigarette but spot on.

About the evolv reflex.
Right.
What evolve have done here is to go back to the start. They have aimed this squarely at those looking to quit smoking.
They've used the technology that they started with the DNA go board to create a system that replicates smoking as closely as possible.

You get your reflex delivered in a hard case complete with pod and usb charge lead.
A full and comprehensive instruction manual is included with a guarantee.

It's a bloody complex chip that replicates three different types of cigarettes, lites , regular and what we knew as high tar.The airflow is fixed but at the same level as a cigarette. Draw is automatic and reliable, power is delivered in conjunction with the amount you draw so you get a realistic amount of heat and nicotine delivered again the same as a cigarette.
I'm terms we understand the wattage is around 12w plus or minus.
The battery is small at 750mah and the pods are the obligatory 2ml.

The Reflex and the pods are made by evolv themselves as they have had issue's with quality from other manufacturers in the past they wisely decided to handle the whole operation themselves.
This means that every pod is tested for quality and tolerance pre packaging. You can actually see the test sheet for every pod (and the mod) by scanning the QR code label attached.

WP_20210103_23_11_41_Pro.jpg

The pods have two fill ports on the base, clearly marked as to how they fit. This makes filling a doddle as you can remove both to prevent air locks.
Evolv recommend drying the mod where the pod fits (a secure clip fit rather than magnets) with paper towel between fills although I've experienced no leaks at all.
The coil inside the pod is clearly visible and is of the style you'd make yourself in an rta. Simple single spaced with cotton wick.
A clever trick that will save loads of issues is the REFLEX auto wicks when the pod is attached. No burnt wicks.

The vapour production is again similar to a cigarette, no bro clouds here. The thing that's different is that it's a very fine particle vapour which if combined with a high nic salt juice gives quite a punch. In fact even though this is designed to be used like a cig so a few drags at a time (not as a constant dummy) I've had to use 10mg salts as 20 was way too high for me.
Charging is via usb and quick. Seems to take less than thirty minutes even if run flat (a central led button light gives you your battery level indication as well as cycling through power modes when pressed).
Summation.

This isn't the type of pod aimed at the vape hound looking for a portable version of their home kit.
It's a very clever all in one kit aimed squarely at those who want a one box solution to help them quit.
Can it be a tool in a vapers kit. Absolutely but you need to use it as you would of you still smoked rather than a constant flavour tool.
I adjusted quickly and now use one every time I leave the house.
Pods last a long time. Youll get a couple of weeks from them when used correctly.

This is The piece of kit you get to help that friend or family member quit if they've resisted so far.

Now as for the brother in law, he took this On over Christmas week with.a couple of pods and he used it constantly baring the day he left it at home when going to work.
He asked for baccy for Christmas and estimates he has enough till the end of the month then he has sworn (a first) he will get one, so I've offered to pay half if he comes through.
Fantastic bit of kit.

These are currently exclusive in the UK via stealthvape ( The UK 's official evolv service centre)
They're not cheap but the money is in the tech.

Currently on sale.
https://www.stealthvape.co.uk/produ...m_medium=email&utm_campaign=evolv-reflex-sale

Last edited:
Apologies as ever for my usual shambles of a review reader's. I will tidy it up and update it with my and the brother in laws progress.
It seems at a time when I should have nothing but spare time, I'm busier than ever.
at It is point the main thing is that I enjoy the "cult" of Vaping and equipment so will carry on with my set ups at home but what has shocked me is that I really do just grab this and a spare ten ml bottle when exiting the house now (it's very efficient).
It's also proved to be the piece of kit I reach for at times of stress. At this point would I buy another if I lost this.
Yes, it's truly handy and I really don't leave home without it. I'm inter to.see if this status remains. I feel it may.

I’ve been known to spend daft money on nice things...but this just isn’t nice. I wonder what the Evolv marketing department were drinking when they had the meeting about price?

I'm really interested in this device and the price keeps getting cheaper and cheaper! I reckon my daughter would go bonkers over this device, she is obsessed with nicotine and a tight draw. Thanks for the good review matey :2thumbsup:

I’ve been known to spend daft money on nice things...but this just isn’t nice. I wonder what the Evolv marketing department were drinking when they had the meeting about price?
I think I'm the US you get a 40$ discount.if you prove your age is over 40.
It Seems like they genuinely are attempting to hit the US market which is fanatical about finding fault. (Who'd a thought it).
Obviously a lot of cash has gone in with I think the best intentions.
Daniel djlsb did a video visiting evolv and finding out what it's all about which is worth a view and will give you a far better idea of what is going on.

I'm really interested in this device and the price keeps getting cheaper and cheaper! I reckon my daughter would go bonkers over this device, she is obsessed with nicotine and a tight draw. Thanks for the good review matey :2thumbsup:
I could be wrong but unless your US based you'll not see it that low again for a while.
It will either do well or fall On its arse at that price point.

It is actually nice to vape. It's a very weird experience being this far removed from smoking. It does feel like you having a crafty one. (Smoke, not taking the top off as we say in the West country).

I could be wrong but unless your US based you'll not see it that low again for a while.
It will either do well or fall On its arse at that price point.

Thank you, because of ?? VAT, excise duties, US vape regulations and debauchery or... Just wondering, that was all :hmm:

If I was flush, I'd buy one, hope it wouldn't tempt me to want to smoke again though :doh:

As I said in the review I've tried a lot of pods. Between here a few blog's and US forums I can probably give Dee the pod queen a run for her money and by and large I've upset most manufacturers to the point of no longer speaking to me.
The Orion DNA go could be excellent but was overpowered out of the box so needed to be played around with On escribe. (The.REFLEX also is able to access escribe for updates ect)
the vaporesso osmall was a favourite as it just worked and cost a tenner. No big loss of it.wasn't for you (still my pound for pound recommendation).
This is The best so far but is it worth that cash for someone who's already made the switch. Probably not.

Thank you, because of ?? VAT, excise duties, US vape regulations and debauchery or... Just wondering, that was all :hmm:

If I was flush, I'd buy one, hope it wouldn't tempt me to want to smoke again though :doh:
They have poured a shite ton of cash into it and are making it themselves (and pods). The US payed man hours and investment just won't allow it.

Back
Top Bottom