What's new

Fasttech

itssme

Achiever
I received a message from them today, you may want to keep this in mind when ordering from them?

"Thank you for ordering at FastTech.com. Due to post office is now updating their security system, some articles which don't contain restricted items also fail to pass the security inspection and were returned to FastTech because their shapes or materials bear a close resemblance to lithium batteries or flammable liquid during inspection. Thus, FastTech have to stop using E-packet shipping service temporarily. As you have selected E-packet service for your order, we’re writing to ask for your decision: 1. Ship your order via Singapore post registered airmail instead. We will refund shipping cost difference between E-packet and Singapore post to original payment method within 3 business days. 2. Get a full refund Please let us know which of the above option is more preferable to you. Please reply to this ticket about your decision within 24 hours; otherwise, we will directly ship your order via Singapore post registered airmail instead. Your understanding and prompt reply will be highly appreciated.
Urgent--- E-packet shipping service is temporarily stopped, refund or changing shipping method? "

Interesting email, I was about to order a load of batteries of gearbest, probably hold off on that now as there have same probs as FT, then again if they don't get through I'll put claim in with PayPal. Decisions decisions

Interesting email, I was about to order a load of batteries of gearbest, probably hold off on that now as there have same probs as FT, then again if they don't get through I'll put claim in with PayPal. Decisions decisions

I wouldn't have minded but my order doesn't contain liquids or batteries...just some mech mod parts and some battery wraps!

Thinking about it, the post office delivers the package this end regardless of who delivers it to the UK, so how does changing the carrier change anything?

FT sends batteries by Sweden Post; take about the same time to reach here as Singapore Post / China Post (2-3 weeks, in my experience)

FT sends batteries by Sweden Post; take about the same time to reach here as Singapore Post / China Post (2-3 weeks, in my experience)

^^^^^
This. I got 8 samsungs a couple of weeks ago, took a couple of weeks to arrive.
It was about the same time as another thread about ft orders being returned.
It does seem like it may be becoming a bit of a lottery as to whether stuff gets through.
Perhaps e packets are being targeted over other routes.
Perhaps it is best to go with ft default carrier rather than choose something else.
They will know better than anyone what carriers and types of order are likely to be returned to them.

Gearbest also uses Swedish post for batteries because some postal service won't allow the transport of batteries. Gearbest are doing 4 samsung 25r blue or green for under £10 which is the same price as 2 batteries here

My FT order from 10th September has been in the air (it seems) ever since, I paid for E-packet shipping, I dunno where the hell it's at. No batteries at all in the order, in fact nothing much at all, a few odds and sods like replacement glass tanks, some bottle nozzles and a squape B deck.

Gearbest also uses Swedish post for batteries because some postal service won't allow the transport of batteries. Gearbest are doing 4 samsung 25r blue or green for under £10 which is the same price as 2 batteries here

Thats where I got my green 25R's from! Took ages to get here though as they had to be shipped Via sweden or somewhere similar? Was over a month lol

What's the best shipping option when United Kingdom (UK) Express ePacket via China Post is unavailable due to does not ship battery/tube shaped products (2 drippers)

These are my options, much of a muchness really, unless I want to pay $22.70. My last experience with Free was about 6 or 7 weeks for delivery.

Registered Air Mail FREE (6 to 20 days in transit typical)
EMS Speedpost Global Express +$22.70 (4 to 9 days in transit)
Registered Airmail via Singapore Post FREE (6 to 20 days in transit typical)
DHL Express +$34.05 (note possible surcharge for remote delivery areas)
Registered Airmail via China Post FREE (6 to 14 days in transit typical)
Registered Airmail via Swiss Post +$1.00 (13 to 25 days in transit typical)
Registered Airmail via Sweden Post FREE (13 to 25 days in transit typical)
Registered Airmail via Malaysia Post FREE (13 to 25 days in transit typical)
Registered Airmail via Hong Kong Post FREE (12 to 20 working days in transit typical)

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom