What's new

Finest Vapes is so bad

To be honest I can see where everyone is coming from. There more than likely was a very fine crack in it when I got it which I didn't see so I have to suck it up and learn.
I review an awful lot of tanks pipi and I've lost track of the amount of recent ones that have been cracked or chipped.
The day's of aspire's use of pyrex are long gone I'm afraid. They all seem to use cheap thin glass now and the current fashion of bubble glass tanks means breakages are a daily occurrence which vape shops can't possibly cover if they want to stay afloat. Business is hard going for those guy's currently.

I review an awful lot of tanks pipi and I've lost track of the amount of recent ones that have been cracked or chipped.
The day's of aspire's use of pyrex are long gone I'm afraid. They all seem to use cheap thin glass now and the current fashion of bubble glass tanks means breakages are a daily occurrence which vape ships can't possibly cover if they want to stay afloat. Business is hard going for those guy's currently.

Well the thing is that it's advertised as pyrex. I have to say that the trinity glass cap did make the flavour amazing on the Dot rda though but safety first and lesson learned !!

Well the thing is that it's advertised as pyrex.

Pyrex is definitely a treated glass. It's used worldwide in many different applications that require heat. Sure, dropping it can cause hairline cracks which are virtually microscopic, then heating and cooling can cause weaknesses. Can you be sure that the postman didn't drop it? (At any point? From the sellers warehouse to the postal depot, then from there to your home?). Advertised as Pyrex? Are there any product numbers/stamps on any of the packaging to verify this ( if there's not, then it's false advertising). There's too many variables here. Could you post a link to the product, and also post some pics of the packaging ?

Pyrex is definitely a treated glass. It's used worldwide in many different applications that require heat. Sure, dropping it can cause hairline cracks which are virtually microscopic, then heating and cooling can cause weaknesses. Can you be sure that the postman didn't drop it? (At any point? From the sellers warehouse to the postal depot, then from there to your home?). Advertised as Pyrex? Are there any product numbers/stamps on any of the packaging to verify this ( if there's not, then it's false advertising). There's too many variables here. Could you post a link to the product, and also post some pics of the packaging ?

This is the link to the glass cap OH bought me https://finestvapes.co.uk/trinity-glass-cap-for-dotrda24/ the spec is all on there. The only thing it was packaged in was a small plastic zip lock bag which was wrapped in bubble wrap. OH gave it to me exactly as it arrived with him. He said it arrived in a jiffy bag.

Thanks [emoji3]. I'll have a little look and make some inquiries (I'm off work on the sick, and I'm climbing the feckin' walls lol!)

I think pretty much most glass tanks where listed as pyrex at one point but none actually had anything to do with pyrex. I think China use the Pyrex logo to mean toughened glass. They're not too big on honouring western trademarks (hence the slew of clones).
I don't think we can chase down vape shops for mis use of trademarks when they're bought as genuine by the shop and listed as using pyrex glass.
You may be able to ask the manufacturer for a new glass as it's not as advertised but I doubt you'd get far.
May keep you busy though.

I think pretty much most glass tanks where listed as pyrex at one point but none actually had anything to do with pyrex. I think China use the Pyrex logo to mean toughened glass. They're not too big on honouring western trademarks (hence the slew of clones).
I don't think we can chase down vape shops for mis use of trademarks when they're bought as genuine by the shop and listed as using pyrex glass.
You may be able to ask the manufacturer for a new glass as it's not as advertised but I doubt you'd get far.
May keep you busy though.

No, if a shop is even unknowingly misusing a trademark, it’s their responsibility.

Back
Top Bottom