What's new

Foxy One - Return of the C frame mods?

In Aberdeen that would be considered a heatwave either way :P

The glue has held up on mine so far but I switch my gear out quite frequently.... been using the Augvape Foxy One and Druga rta combo since Saturday though still both great bits of kit.

Hadn’t thought to compare the foxy mod with my old Zero clone, it’s amazing how much smaller the foxy is especially when you consider it takes 21700’s rather than 18650’s.

So i got round to having a look at the glue issue and unfortunately they've really let themselves down on this.

I'm really surprised at the level of R&D that must have gone in to creating such a compact 21700 mod that they included such a poor solution as this for sticking the leather on and tbh I'm absolutely gobsmacked!

There was me and probably every sane person thinking the leather was stuck with some sort of glue only to find it's even worse than that.

Wait for it................
Double sided adhesive paper............
Yes sticky tape just like this..........

What makes it even worse is the leather is some sort of fabric backed laminate so you can't even clean the glue off the leather either so a new panel needs to be created and stuck on properly.

upload_2021-4-21_21-21-27.png

So i got round to having a look at the glue issue and unfortunately they've really let themselves down on this.

I'm really surprised at the level of R&D that must have gone in to creating such a compact 21700 mod that they included such a poor solution as this for sticking the leather on and tbh I'm absolutely gobsmacked!

There was me and probably every sane person thinking the leather was stuck with some sort of glue only to find it's even worse than that.

Wait for it................
Double sided adhesive paper............
Yes sticky tape just like this..........

What makes it even worse is the leather is some sort of fabric backed laminate so you can't even clean the glue off the leather either so a new panel needs to be created and stuck on properly.

View attachment 245307
It did look like it could be an adhesive film in your pics. Shame, that's a real let-down on a nice-looking mod. :(

Digging up an old thread here but...

I've had my foxy mod in some decent heat recently. And I use it a lot. The grip panel is still well glued on.

BUT... the fire button has started to go a bit iffy. It keeps cutting out and repeat firing (so for example, it will switch modes while I'm pressing it, because it registers as 3 presses).

Anyone else has problems?

Drop of Iso Alcohol on a Q Tip around the Button would be my first port of call @MHL :2thumbsup:

Drop of Iso Alcohol on a Q Tip around the Button would be my first port of call @MHL :2thumbsup:
Ok, I'll give that a go. Nice one, thanks v much @Rob :thumbup:

I would soak the tip and squidge it around the button so that a bit of alcohol slops into the gap?

Back
Top Bottom