What's new

Freemax Marvos 60w Kit

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Roll up... Roll up

Hello my fellow vapers today we have the new kit from freemax the The Marvos 60. This was very kindly sent to me from freemax themselves so thank you very much as always.

As always this review is my own thoughts and not associated with anyone from Freemax or POTV. Nor have I been paid for my thoughts.

Abit about the kit...

The new marvos 60W kit is the latest edition in the marvos range from freemax, I previously reviewed the marvos 80 which was a pen style pod kit, this time freemax have gone down the work horse type pod mod kit. One thing I do like about this marvos range is the fact they take the same coils and pods especially with a glass pod being an additional purchase once you've brought that it will fit all marvos devices.

The kit is available in 4 colours the same as the marvos 80 and for review I received the gunmetal version.

0_d78f8e_800x.jpg

What's in the box...

• Freemax Marvos 60W Mod

• Marvos DTL Pod

• MS Mesh coil 0.35ohm

• MS Mesh coil 0.25ohm

• USB Type C cable

• User manual

20210713_203342.jpg

Specs...

• Size: 123.6×32.6×30.6mm

• Output: 5-60W (0.7-4.2V)

• User modes: Power (VW), Smart and Bypass

• Battery: 2000mAh (internal)

• Display: 0.96in TFT Screen – 5 colour themes

• Resistance range: 0.15-0.5ohm

• E-liquid capacity: 4.5ml (standard) / 2ml (TPD)

• Type C USB – 2A charge rate – 90 minutes charge time

• Pods: Refillable, replaceable coil

• Coils: MS Mesh coils

• Slide airflow adjustment

• IP67 Dust, water and shock proof

• Anti-spitback 810 drip tip

• Pod compatible with all Marvos devices

• Glass pod available

• Smart FM Chipset

The mod....

The mod is made from ip67 rated materials meaning it's dust, water and shock proof. The rubberised coating makes it comfortable in hand and easy to grip. It houses a true 2000Mah battery and is charged via type C I've found it to take just under an hour and half to fully charge from 0.

It has an output range from 5-60W, this can be change via the 0.96 tft colour screen which shows your normal things:

• Battery level
• Wattage
• Mode
• Puff counter
• Voltage
• Ohms
• Seconds Puffed

There is also an option of 5 different coloured screens to chose from.

20210713_203431.jpg

The mod works on 3 simple modes, power (VW), Smart or Bypass. I like the addition of Smart mode on any vape device as it helps new vapers not to burn out coils straight away and with this device i have found it puts the Wattage to the lower end of the scale on each coil, which is a great idea as ive had some devices put it to the higher end.

Using the device is simple the main actions are:

• It's a simple 5 clicks on and off device.
• 3 clicks changes between the modes of the device.
• Up and down does a key lock where you can't change the wattage but can still fire
• Up and fire button resets Puff counter
• Down and fire button scrolls through the different coloured screens

On top of the mod is an adjustable airflow pin which works really well to produce a great DL/RDL on this device.

20210713_203404.jpg Airflow Adjustment

The coils....

This new kit uses the same coils compatible with the marvos T80 kit and Included are the 0.35ohm and 0.25ohm Coil. Having very much enjoyed the flavour these coils gave on the original but now with the addition of proper adjustable wattage and airflow I was really looking forward to giving these a go. Available separately there is also a 0.15ohm and 0.5ohm coil.

I Started with the 0.35ohm coil which is rated 30-40W working my way through the wattages I found I enjoyed it most at 34W with the airflow a quarter cut off, this provided me a very flavoursome RDL vape which had a nice warmth to it, this coil lasted just under 3 weeks which for a stock coil sub ohm tank I was impressed with.

I moved onto the 0.25ohm Coil rated at 40-60W Smart mode automatically sets this to 50W so I went down lower and its not until 48/50W the flavour starts to really hit I found my preffered spot at 52W airlfow fully open for a great DL vape. This coil lasted longer than the 0.35ohm and in my opinion had slightly better flavour and an all round better vape. I've since brought more of these and use it every day.

marvos-coil-options.jpg

The problem I found with a 2000Mah battery it worked great with the 0.35ohm coil lasting me into the evening but my preffered coil I find myself charging it either half way through the day to keep me going or as soon as I'm home but with the way it vapes and flavour it gives I don't mind.

I've found no problems with leaking with these coils just the normal condensation.

The pod...

The Pods for these kits work on each device in the range so its the same tinted plastic pod which comes with the marvos 80W, I was lucky enough freemax sent me the additional purchuse of the glass tank on my first review and I have used it since I think the glass goes really well on the dark mod and makes it look a very classy device.

20210604_110237.jpg

The pod fits In via a magnetted ring on the mod and I've had no problems with it moving or falling out.

20210713_203421.jpg

Once again it's a bottom bung filling port but freemax have started to make these out of a better rubber and always leaving a little gap under making it easier to open so I've had no problems, it's a bigger enough filling port and seals off nicely to prevent leaking.

It has a removable 810 drip tip and the same as the original I have found there to be quite a lot of condensation build up which is more evident on the glass pod, but I've had no spitback issues.

20210612_132659.jpg

Pros and Niggles...

Pros..

• Great build quality
• Fantastic flavour and vape
• Easy to use
• Lots of coil options
• Pods same for all kits
• Smart mode works well
• No leaks or spitback issues

Niggles...

• Condensation on drip tip (for some people)
• Maybe could have a top filling method
• Glass pod could come included
• Possible a bigger battery

Overall thoughts...

Overall I absolutely love this device the build quality of it, to the flavour the coils produce is great. Its not to heavy so is perfect for at work especially a manual job with the ip67 rating I don't have to worry about dust etc.

The coils last a long time and give great flavour especially for a stock coil tank. It's a simple snd easy to use device which is great for someone looking to get a reliable well built DL kit for the first time or even a manual worker who needs something robust.

I feel the glass pod could be included in the kits provided as I feel this gives the whole kit a real classy look, if I could change one thing it would be possibly a external battery or a bigger inbuilt one especially with the wattages the coils use but with the power level bar you know when you need to charge it.

I have really enjoyed this bit of kit and it has been in my daily work rotation since I've had it and will be staying there for a while yet.

Again a massive thank you to Tina and freemax for sending this out for review.

Thank you for reading.
Sam
Screenshot_20210209-201701_Samsung Internet.jpg

Attachments

• 0_d78f8e_800x.jpg
    0_d78f8e_800x.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 20210713_203342.jpg
    20210713_203342.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 59
  • 20210612_132659.jpg
    20210612_132659.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 55
Sounds like a good device overall. Seems it would be better suited to MTL though with that battery.

Great review Sam, seems like there's decent flavour but could do with a better battery really.

Great review mate. Looks too much for me haha, I'll stick to the simpler devices! Never tried any Freemax gear, but I keep reading reviews saying it's all pretty decent stuff! :)

Nice Sam.
Freemax is one of those underrated brands. IMO.
Seems like a very decent little DTL rocker.

My only downside: not another freaking coil type. God.

Back
Top Bottom