Marvos T 80W battery
Marvos DTL Pod 4.5ml
MS Mesh coil 0.25ohm
MS Mesh coil 0.15ohm
Type C USB charging cable
User Manual, Warranty and warning card

fm3.jpg

About:

This is a dtl (direct to lung) AIO offering from @Freemaxtech called the Marvos T. A tubed affair, reminiscent of a mech mod, sleek lines, very nice. The device is (I guess) steel/ aluminium, a painted finish, metallic? It comes in a choice of Grey, Black, Blue or Red, weights around 112g without the pod, but feels quite heavy, in a nice compact way. Build quality is superb all round, it's classy.

Charging is USB Type C, thank goodness for that, Micro USB must surely by now, be consigned to history, if for no other reason than the fact that Micro USB ports and charging break so easily. Plus of course Type C charging brings up to 2A charging with it.

The battery is a built in 3000mah affair. Whilst the port is not located at the base, underneath the mod – which I dislike intensely, it is in a undesirable location, being placed at the back, behind the fire button. In use my index finger is drawn to cover the port, this is uncomfortable and one wonders whether the charge port might pick up skin oils and other such matter, thus affecting the reliability and function of the USB port. The device is apparently pass through compatible, meaning you can vape whilst charging.

The included 4.5 ml (2ml TPD) pod is secured to the pod by strong magnets, is made from PCGT plastic, a heat resistant, resilient plastic. The coils are push fit, the pod is filled via a silicone bung, which is easy to open and close, unlike many pod fill ports. There is a glass pod available to purchase separately, I think it should've been included, in the retail version.

fm.jpg

drip tip.jpg

fm2.jpg

Press the fire button 5 times to turn the device on and off. Power presets: press fire button 3 times, to cycle through the red, blue and green power options.The lower wattages are applicable to the 0.25ohm coil, the higher wattages are applicable to the 0.15ohm coil.

Red - soft – 40/60w
Blue - medium - 50/70w
Green - strong - 55/80w

The coils are based on the popular Fireluke series, and FM Coiltech 4, of which it is purported that the coils are 20% faster to fire, 50% longer coil life and 50% added flavour. The coils are SS904L mesh with tea fibre cotton wicking.

In use:

The flavour from the 0.25ohm coil is superb, it really really is, it rivals my gold standard, which is the flavour from the Profile Unity. The vape is warm at 40w, obviously a tad warmer at 50w, I tried it at 55w but settled on 40/50w, as my preferred settings. The slotted adjustable dual side airflow is incredibly smooth, it is quite delightful, and there is plenty of it, if required. My preferred airflow position is around 50%, but even wide open, being a tad restrictive, it is great as well, just a slight flavour hit. I tried the 0.15ohm coil, I much prefer the 0.25ohm coil, there is no flavour benefit to the 0.15 coil, it's just going to deplete the battery at a faster rate.

You cannot mtl on this device, even a rdtl is not quite there, it's a full dtl and it does it most excellently. The mod gets warm to almost hot in use, my way of using - which is to chain vape. A fully charged battery lasted just under 2 hours, at 50w with the 0.25ohm coil.

Now get this, a stock coil pod/ tank that you can vape dry. Yes! No fill at 25% or whatever, you get to vape the full capacity of the tank, don't often see that. Brilliant coil and pod design, by Freemax. Look see.. I vaped it right down, more than once, also note the offset angle of the drip tip, added for free of course :yahoo:

fm1.jpg

In bright sunshine and daylight, seeing the selected colour/wattage settings is tricky, and the fire button seems to want the 3 clicks to change the wattage, done just so, at a certain pace, not too fast and not to slow, it can get frustrating. In many ways only having 3 wattage choices means one can get on and vape rather than piss flapping around dialing in specific wattages, looking for a sweet spot.

In summary:

This is an excellent AIO, the adjustable airflow is spot on and super smooth, the flavour is on point, on point? we don't use that effing term, I hate it phenomenal, a wonderful vape experience. The battery being built in, might be a problem if out and about, the single (21700?) battery might have been better if it was removable but then that would mean this wouldn't be a sub ohm starter type kit, you cant have vape novices and newbies messing around with loose batteries, we all know where that leads. The only thing I don't know is coil life expectancy, will have to wait and see on that one. This piece of kit is awesome in hand, whether there is a market for it, over a dual bat mod and stock tank i just don't know, the Marvos T deserves a market, Smok had that market for years and years, but things move on.

Watch me:

A video means less pictures to snap, I've spared you my old aged ugly mug and grouchy voice!

Last edited:
Nice informative review. I am surprised at the amount of condensation in the drip tip though. I would be forever wiping it clean, and that would drive me nuts.

Thanks for the review :57:

Still on the first coil! That's seriously good. What is seriously bad is the pod dumping a swimming pool sized amount of juice into the mod, overnight. Thus leading to autofiring, somehow I got lucky and the auto firing has stopped, for the time being, Shame, it's a bloody good vape.

Back
Top Bottom