What's new

FreeMax MAXUS 200w

BigCloud

Veteran
I was very kindly sent two kits by @Freemaxtech for review so lets take a quick look at one of them we will start with the Maxus 200w and get to the other one later on.

The Maxus 200 comes nicely packaged in quite a big box as its a good sized device with a picture of your device on the front and on the back of the box it has the contents and specs listed , with a scratch and scan authentication code on the side of the box.

I was sent the orange/green version but it is available in five other designs including this one making six in total.

6col.jpg

The Mesh pro 2 is also available in 6 colours so as to match the Mod.

fmp26col.jpg

Inside the box you will get

1 Freemax Maxus 200W VW Mod
1 Freemax Mesh Pro 2 Tank Resin Edition (Preinstalled M2 Mesh Coil 0.2ohm)
1 Extra Freemax 904L M1 Mesh Coil 0.15ohm
1 Extra Glass Tube 5ml(Individual packaging of extra glass for TPD edition)
1 Extra O-ring
1 Type-C USB Cable
1 Warning Card
1 Warranty Card
1 User Manual

Specs

Maxus 200W VW Mod

Output Voltage: 0.7-8.4V
Input Voltage: 3.3-4.2V (Single battery) / 6.6-8.4V (Dual battery)
Output Wattage: 5-200W/100-315℃/200-600℉
Output Mode: Power/VPC/Bypass/TC-TI/TC-SS/TC-NI/TCR
Resistance Range: 0.1- 3ohm
Battery: 18650 X 2 (SmartLoad Tech, Support Single/Dual Battery)
Charger Specification: 5V/2A
Size: L90.5 W52.5 H28.6mm
Type C-USB-2A fast charging

Mesh Pro 2 Tank

Size: L59.85 D25mm
Capacity: 5ml/2ml(TPD)
Working Wattage: 40-110W
Material: SS904L/Tea Fiber Cotton/SS/Resin
Thread: 510
Drip Tip: 810

Protections

Low Resistance Protection
Open Circuit Protection
10s Timeout protection
Overcharge Protection
Short Circuit Protection
High-Temp Protection
Low Voltage Protection

Underneath the Maxus 200 you will find the Meshpro 2 Tank spare O-rings USB-C cable user manual etc.

in box.jpg

Mesh pro 2 Tank

Came supplied with 2ml (TPD) resin tank but the bubble glass from the original Freemax Mesh Pro fits.

tanks.jpg

Apart from the looks there is one major improvement which is the top slide fill mechanisim which now has 3 steel balls placed into the topcap but not visible making it smooth and easy to slide open and nice and secure when closed.
The other obvious difference is the chunky knurling making it a doddle to adjust the airflow.

Mesh Pro 2 Mesh Pro 1

IMG_3665.JPG

Nothing has changed regarding filling the tank, locate the red marked tab underneath the Freemax name which is quite clearly marked on the the topcap, push to slide it back and you will see the kidney hole fill port just insert your bottle and squeeze in the eliquid.

IMG_3677.JPG

No difference with the coils either they still screw into the afc base and the topcap.

Coils

These are the latest coils from freemax with military grade SS904L mesh and Tea Fiber Cotton formula FM COILTECH 4.0

Coil Specs

Freemax 904L M1 Mesh Coil 0.15ohm 40-70W
Freemax 904L M2 Mesh Coil 0.2ohm 60-90W
Freemax 904L M3 Mesh Coil 0.15ohm 80-110W
Freemax 904L M4 Mesh Coil 0.15ohm 70-110W

The wicking ports are absolutley huge

IMG_3667 - Copy.JPG

M Mesh Coils are compatible with Mesh Pro V1 tank and vice versa.

SS316L Single Mesh 0.12ohm coil (400-550℉)
Single Mesh 0.15ohm coil (40-70W)
Double Mesh 0.2ohm coil (60-90W)
Triple Mesh 0.15ohm coil (80-100W)
Quad Mesh 0.15ohm coil (80-120W)
Quintuple Mesh 0.15ohm coil (80-100W)

Maxus Mod

This is a twin 18650 Mod (Zinc-Alloy Chassis Construction) which can be used as single battery device.

As a twin 18650 the maximum wattage is 200
With single battery the maximum wattage is 80
It has a wattage range of 5-200watts and adjusts in 1 w increments.

On the side black panel it has the FreeMax logo and on the rear edge it has the name of the Mod MAXUS 200w clearly visible in white.

side and back.jpg

To insert the Battery/Batteries the Mod you will need to remove the graffiti style side panel first which is held in to place by two nice strong magnets its easier doing this from the bottom as it has a little cut out to get your nail into and lift it up,once inserted around the ribbon pull, it will switch itself on so there is no need to do the 5 clicks on unless you actually turn the Mod off yourself then it is the 5 clicks on and 5 off.

This has Freemax`s own Maxus1.0 chip and has a nice bright easy to read OLED screen making it easy to read the display all 3 buttons are clicky and responsive with the Type USB-C port at the base of the device just under the wattage down button but has no silicone protection bung,on the base of the Mod you will find the battery venting holes 5 in total.

The mod itself has a slight curve at the front and back making it not so box shaped and comfortable in the hand 510 plate is more towards the back of the mod where it is a tiny bit wider but is centered allowing the tank to fit perfectly.

centered.jpg

i did find a tiny bit of play with the removeable graffiti style door once gripped in the hand similar to to Voopoo drag 2 not a deal breaker but worth a mention.

Now this is one smart cookie it comes with something called smart load technology which basically means it doesnt matter which way you insert your batteries it automaticaly detects polarity,and is quite clearly marked in the battery sled.

IMG_3673.JPG

battery.jpg

To lock the device press both the +/- simultaneously for 1 second and it will flash up on the screen key locked but will NOT show a padlock to remind you its locked, when you unlock it will flash up key unlocked.

3 clicks on the fire button will take you into the menu use the +/- to scroll into the options available.

Mode

Power (Watts)
VPC (power Curve)
Bypass (Mech Style Vape)
TC/TI (Temp control Titanium)
TC/SS (Temp control Stainless Steel)
TC/NI (Temp control Nickel)
TCR 1/2/3 (+/- to set)

Set

Screen timeout (5-15 seconds)
Coil test (turn coil test on or off)
Puff Counter (can be reset)
Time
*C/*F
Reset (factory reset)

Info

Battery (Displays volts)
Version (of device)
Temp (of Device)

In use

I have been using this for about a week with various batteries VCT5A 30q`s and VCT6 which will all give a runtime on the mod depending on how many watts you are pushing through it ive been getting a good few hours pushing it quite hard and as single battery not as long which is to be expected.

The fire button is superb it fires instantly no misfires to report.

Once i had primed the coils filled the tank and left it for 10-15 mins i started at the lower wattage range and worked my way up gradually with each increas the flavour improved and at 75-80 watts the flavour is incredible as are the clouds an airy tank but to be expected from a subohm tank close the airflow off a bit its not as airy.
No leaks or seaping from the coils at all.

There are a few options on board the chip which i used a couple of to test out the first being Bypass, works well and imitates a mech style vape and found myself using this a fair bit , the next one i used was TC/NI using an mtl RTA with an NI200 0.15ohm coil as its the only thing i had available and it worked fine.

Verdict

FreeMax have produced a fantastic Mod with lots of features comes with an excellent Sub Ohm Tank that is compatable with all coils from the previous version hard to find fault with this.If you love flavour and clouds this is for you 100% and the added bonus is its not expensive

I will definatley be picking another one up and a couple more of the Mesh Pro 2 tanks.

I have thoroughly enjoyed using this.
Would i recommend this device YES

Pros

Build quality
Smart Load Tech
Can be used with 1 or 2 batteries
USB-C
Incredible Flavour
Compatible Coils from previous version of Mesh Pro
Good Chipset

Cons (niggles)

No silicone bung for USB Port
Slight Movement on battery door
No display on screen to remind you device is locked.

Once again a big thanks to @Freemaxtech for sending me this for review

Pick the Maxus 200 w kit up here

https://www.sourcemore.com/freemax-maxus-200w-kit-with-m-pro-2-tank.html

FreeMax Mesh Pro 2 Tank here

https://www.sourcemore.com/freemax-m-pro2-tank.html

Last edited:
Good review mate, looking forward to trying out the Mesh 2 tank. If I had one of these mods though, I'd definitely be putting an order in with Zapzwraps [emoji16]

Good review mate, looking forward to trying out the Mesh 2 tank. If I had one of these mods though, I'd definitely be putting an order in with Zapzwraps [emoji16]

Mesh Pro 2 is bloody great mate im gonna be picking another couple up 100% didnt put the graffiti as a niggle as some will like it and some wont and they can make their own minds up on that personally i dont mind it ;)

Nice rev. mate.
Lucky you that you are able to test it :)

So far I´ve picked some fo those new guzzler coils :D

Back
Top Bottom