What's new

Friday the 13th - Scary Vaping

My scary moments was a few years back when I decided to make my own mech mod and used it for weeks before I realised I got the wrong build in it let's just say single battery was pulling something like 100watt off power and should off only been a 40 watt build sorry I carnt remember the ohms it was back in 2018

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-06-21-24-51-72_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-06-21-24-51-72_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg
    562.7 KB · Views: 32
Before I got Nic, I tried to replicate the throat hit from a cig after I realised how much I missed it. So I got Flavour Art Flash which is supposed to do that. It gave me a bad asthma attack and had me reaching for an inhaler gasping. I was told it uses capsaicin to achieve the effect.
Vape mace.

Not a vaping device but vaping paraphernalia. The XTAR 4U 4 bay USB hub that suddenly decided to start sparking and smoking on my bed despite only being plugged in to the wall with no USB cables attached. Luckily, I wasn't just home but I was on my bed, otherwise it could've been a nasty house fire.

2019-06-19_18.27.41.jpg

Last edited:
Not a vaping device but vaping paraphernalia. The XTAR 4U 4 bay USB hub that suddenly decided to start sparking and smoking on my bed despite only being plugged in to the wall with no USB cables attached. Luckily, I wasn't just home but I was on my bed, otherwise it could've been a nasty house fire.

View attachment 335437
Yep. Its everywhere now. Typically rubberised leads and other things. Older ones you could bend like Beck....well maybe not quite but bent and you could twist....power leads.... anything we used to. But now they look the same but are mostly crap plastic. And too many fakes.
Is why I recently here got a Bosch angle grinder, that took a while to get. Near 6 weeks.
But the lead is super soft rubber type.
Genuine.
It's crazy how much fake stuff is out there.
Iv been in the Metal Detector game since the mid 90s.
Its insane how much fake stuff is on eBay and other places.
If anyone was a newbie and didn't know they can get ripped off thousands.

Yep. Its everywhere now. Typically rubberised leads and other things. Older ones you could bend like Beck....well maybe not quite but bent and you could twist....power leads.... anything we used to. But now they look the same but are mostly crap plastic. And too many fakes.
Is why I recently here got a Bosch angle grinder, that took a while to get. Near 6 weeks.
But the lead is super soft rubber type.
Genuine.
It's crazy how much fake stuff is out there.
Iv been in the Metal Detector game since the mid 90s.
Its insane how much fake stuff is on eBay and other places.
If anyone was a newbie and didn't know they can get ripped off thousands.

Definitely a lot of fake everything out there. Bought the wife a near £300 pair of GHD hair straightners a few years back from legit seller. Had the hologram and everything. When they stopped working I sent them in for repair as come with lifetime warranty. After they received them they contacted me to say they were fake.

The USB hub above was genuine. XTAR even sent me a replacement, but I never used it given what happened to the one above.

Definitely a lot of fake everything out there. Bought the wife a near £300 pair of GHD hair straightners a few years back from legit seller. Had the hologram and everything. When they stopped working I sent them in for repair as come with lifetime warranty. After they received them they contacted me to say they were fake.

The USB hub above was genuine. XTAR even sent me a replacement, but I never used it given what happened to the one above.
Worst I ever saw. Money wise.
Was when I worked in the Aus Detector industry.
At the time a GPX 5000 was, genuine, $5000.
China did a great looking visual copy.
Everything looked genuine.
An Aussie GPX 5000 was, is Pulse Induction and seriously high tech. Modern tech.
First detectors from the 70s to 80s were VlF.
Then towards the late 1990s into the 2000s came the kick butt Pulse.
They went and go up to 3 times the depth in high mineral ground. We were all us gold hunters....:jawdrop:

I started on VLFs and can tell you they were mad game changers. Man, the parties we had in those days in the bush.
It took the Chinese a while to catch up copies, but when they did!
The Chinese copied everything.
I reckon they got there with the GPX 4500s and got better with the 5000s visually.
Today, there are some modern great VlFs no probs, I own one.
But a Pulse is 5 times the money.
They look the deal but only contain the guts of a 1970s coin machine worth a few hundred bucks.
My modern VLF kills them.
They are ripping off newbie metal detector people wanting to chase gold, I kid you not, millions upon millions over the world.
People are paying thousands for virtual toys.

I've only had a couple of scary moments vaping. Bloody Voopoo mods with no wattage lock, took a blast on a PNP at full wattage. When I started mesh RTAs on the Doom, the mesh strip had split and I didn't have anything else with me and had to wait till I got home.

Thought I’d spit in another of my scary stories (or a story of my scary stupidity):

Very early in my vaping journey, I was trying to be tough and was blasting huge clouds from stock coils. Everyone was talking about the Asgard Mini, so I picked one up, along with some beefy coils. Being totally inexperienced with building, I had to wick it a few times, and I think it was the 3rd of 4th time I wicked it, I put the cap back on to check the coil height was okay…but forgot to wet the cotton or drip :17:

Needless to say, 80 watts on dry cotton was about the worst dry hit you can imagine. Thought I would exhale flames, and it literally took a couple of days before the smell of burnt cotton left my nostrils :flames:

That rda scared me away from rebuildables for about a year. But I learned my lesson, and have had nary a dry hit since :23::18:

Back
Top Bottom