What's new

Fussy noob Q

Voopoo123

Hello
I’m a small-time vaper, ex Marlboro Lights 5-10 a day smoker recently returning to nicotine.

I’ve tried and stopped (failed?) vaping before but am back for more (helps my anxiety). Last time, before I binned it, I had a Voopoo Drag S which was good-ish (before that I had a JAC-S22 (?) which was "ok".

I don’t really like the standard mouthpieces on the refillable devices I’ve tried - they’re a bit FAT for me, more like sucking on a wide tube rather than the more satisfying (for me) sensation of pursing your lips and drawing of a traditional cigarette.

I’m on a Vuse Go disposable as a temp whilst I pick and order something e-juice refillable... and I really like the feel of drawing on the smaller oval-ish / flatter tip. Do people know what I mean and is there a recommendation for refillable vape with a flatter smaller oval tip? I tried smaller tips on the JAC and Voopoo but they didn't do the trick really. I don't mind spending, just preferably once as opposed to a draw full of failed experiments!

thanks for any advice :)

This is what I've been using for a while now:

IMG_20230723_123803.jpg

https://www.88vape.com/search?sort_by=price-ascending&q=propod

I buy several of the refillable pods when I do my juice order. I have both the smaller and larger battery pro pod.

Hello
I’m a small-time vaper, ex Marlboro Lights 5-10 a day smoker recently returning to nicotine.

I’ve tried and stopped (failed?) vaping before but am back for more (helps my anxiety). Last time, before I binned it, I had a Voopoo Drag S which was good-ish (before that I had a JAC-S22 (?) which was "ok".

I don’t really like the standard mouthpieces on the refillable devices I’ve tried - they’re a bit FAT for me, more like sucking on a wide tube rather than the more satisfying (for me) sensation of pursing your lips and drawing of a traditional cigarette.

I’m on a Vuse Go disposable as a temp whilst I pick and order something e-juice refillable... and I really like the feel of drawing on the smaller oval-ish / flatter tip. Do people know what I mean and is there a recommendation for refillable vape with a flatter smaller oval tip? I tried smaller tips on the JAC and Voopoo but they didn't do the trick really. I don't mind spending, just preferably once as opposed to a draw full of failed experiments!

thanks for any advice :)
Drip tips make a massive difference IMO.

I used to smoke rollups and I think that's why I prefer narrow tips like these:
upload_2023-7-24_15-7-35.png

And even these chthulhu ones:

upload_2023-7-24_15-10-28.png

FWIW If you get a "proper" tank (like the zenith that @MrDJ posted above) instead of a pod device, they tend to have 510 drip tip fittings, so you can just swap out the tip part, which will give you a shitload of choices at minimal cost.

Maybe something like this would be what you're after?

upload_2023-7-24_15-15-49.png

Thanks all. So I went into a vape shop (first time!) and started talking with them about 510 options.

In the end I came out with a pod device after going through a few options and likes / dislikes.
I got an Oxva Xlim Pro and after a couple of days getting used to it, I absolutely love it.

Feels very natural and ciggie-like to use, tip is good shape for me, set to auto-inhale-only with a v tiny bit of airflow, gives a decent MTL feel. Nice weight , 1000mah battery is enough though usb charging seems very quick anyway. Moved to salts instead of juice that I was on.

Really appreciate the responses and ideas, I think my experimentation may finally be over

edit- only thing I don’t like is the pod is fiddly to refill even with my non-large hands but I can live with that one gripe. Prefer that to something that might leak.

Last edited:
Good choice the Oxva Xlim pro, sometimes you can get a leaky pod so occasionally pull the pod out and check to see if eliquid has got into the top of the kit if so wipe it out with tissue.

Back
Top Bottom