What's new

Glycerol is vegetable glycerin right?

You should be fine, I would vape it if I was in your shoes (provided you are convinced the source is reputable).

It is most likely plant based. Biodiesel is made from plants, glycerin is a waste product from biodiesel production, and this is where the vast majority of glycerin comes from. That's the cheapest way to make it. Synthetic glycerin from petroleum sources is a lot more expensive to produce, so perhaps if your glycerin was surprisingly expensive it might be of petrochemical origin, but I very much doubt it. The supplier should be able to answer this question for you if you want to know.

There is nothing inherently dangerous about petrochemical-derived compounds, and nothing inherently safe about "natural" compounds. This is a myth perpetuated by media and advertising. If it's high purity glycerin, whether it is synthetic or not doesn't matter. The name "vegetable glycerin" is probably only used because "vegetable" has positive connotations in the public eye - it's an advertising bonus, nothing more. There's a reason they don't label it as literally what it is, "Glycerin refined from biodiesel waste" - it would scare people.

I feel a lot safer now. It was only £4.45 for 500 ML, so doubt it is petrochemical and is proably plant based. I am using it, and it tastes exactly the same as normal VG, even dipped my finger in and tasted it, it is the same.

I have sent the seller a message due to the label, asking if it is OK, but it is labelled in the listing as E cig juice as one of its uses, so I guess it is OK.

I asked if the warning label is just applied to all of their products.

But, I am vaping the glycerol/Vegetable glycerin, it tastes the same, acts the same, and I think is the same. I just worry due to the label, but they surely would not of listed it for E cig juice if it was dangerous for that purpose would they? They are a large seller with thousands of feedback, so I doubt the are going to poisin their cusomers lol :).(unless I have come across some ebay terrorists who want to wipe out vapers lol)

I have sent the seller a message due to the label, asking if it is OK, but it is labelled in the listing as E cig juice as one of its uses, so I guess it is OK.

I asked if the warning label is just applied to all of their products.

I suspect what you have there is the standard first aid blurb, and nothing to worry about.

As an example, this is copied from the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for 0.1 M NaCl solution (= slightly salty water) from the Sigma-Aldrich website [source document]:

4. FIRST AID MEASURES

4.1 Description of first aid measures:

If inhaled
If breathed in, move person into fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration.

In case of skin contact
Wash off with soap and plenty of water.

In case of eye contact
Flush eyes with water as a precaution.

If swallowed
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Rinse mouth with water.

Last edited:
I suspect what you have there is the standard first aid blurb, and nothing to worry about.

As an example, this is copied from the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for 0.1 M NaCl solution (= slightly salty water) from the Sigma-Aldrich website [source document]:

4. FIRST AID MEASURES

4.1 Description of first aid measures:

If inhaled
If breathed in, move person into fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration.

In case of skin contact
Wash off with soap and plenty of water.

In case of eye contact
Flush eyes with water as a precaution.

If swallowed
Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Rinse mouth with water.

THat is basically it to a T. Do you know what I have done knowing the safety of VG? Ripped off that warning, so I do not worry no more.

What's the manufacturer name on the bottle. I recently got a litre of the stuff from (lubrisolve) for less than sick squid

What's the manufacturer name on the bottle. I recently got a litre of the stuff from (lubrisolve) for less than sick squid

It's made by Minerals Water online Shop, the molecular formula is C3H8O3, I only got 500 ML as its all I had in the bank at the time lol, but will order some more when I get payed on the weekend :). The 500 ML was £4.45, whilst a litre about 7 quid.

Straight from their description
Tags: 1000ml GLYCEROL, GLYCERINE, food, cosmetic use USP/ VG vegetable, e-cigarette, glycerine, glycerin, sweetener, thickener

Can't see any problems there

This is what I use fella, and I'm still kicking and screaming! For the moment anyway lol.

Attachments

• 1442862105120.jpg
    1442862105120.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 75
from the US here .. and we've got this USP grade (US pharmaceutical grade) label if it's "safe", but I'm still wondering since I recently read that sources like China may indeed us animal by products in the VG that's often bottled by ecig supply houses, thou I can't be sure. it's probably more of the old way they made gelatin candy - with horse hooves and weird left overs .. you've heard of the "glue factory"? - I think this WordPress word out of Canada should have checked sources.
all I know is what you are using is equivalent to what I switched to after I noticed the bottle I first bought was made and proceed in China.

as for PG - I know that's the substrate for iV meds in hospitals, so nothing bad there (just sounds a lot like the coolant chemical that's toxic as hell - ethalyn glycol)

Back
Top Bottom