What's new

Glycerol is vegetable glycerin right?

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1459609552.193249.jpg

based on this label .. what would you think? Vape or Not to Vape?
(I'm assuming the HUMCO doesn't mean "human based")

from the US here .. and we've got this USP grade (US pharmaceutical grade) label if it's "safe", but I'm still wondering since I recently read that sources like China may indeed us animal by products in the VG that's often bottled by ecig supply houses, thou I can't be sure. it's probably more of the old way they made gelatin candy - with horse hooves and weird left overs .. you've heard of the "glue factory"? - I think this WordPress word out of Canada should have checked sources.
all I know is what you are using is equivalent to what I switched to after I noticed the bottle I first bought was made and proceed in China.

as for PG - I know that's the substrate for iV meds in hospitals, so nothing bad there (just sounds a lot like the coolant chemical that's toxic as hell - ethalyn glycol)

Jesus, which hospital do you go to that injects PG?! All the meds I inject into people are suspended in either sterile water, normal saline or 5% Dextrose.

Jesus, which hospital do you go to that injects PG?! All the meds I inject into people are suspended in either sterile water, normal saline or 5% Dextrose.
Actually lorazepam is solubilised with PG as is diazepam (not diazemuls - that's an emulsion) hence why they are so gloopy and difficult to draw up!

But if it has the same chemical formulation, surely it's the same thing, whatever it's derived from? The only reason for choosing any form of glycerine would be down to impurities that might be inherent in the production methods.
Could someone give me some advice here?

But if it has the same chemical formulation, surely it's the same thing, whatever it's derived from? The only reason for choosing any form of glycerine would be down to impurities that might be inherent in the production methods.
Could someone give me some advice here?
I think production methods vary widely and certain methods may produce a less pure product or a product where there is a chance or risk of trace contamination: for example there is VG for skin care and VG for cooking i.e. Food grade and non-food grade. VG is essential in making low carb ice cream (hence my interest outside of vaping) and following a trawl of the net it is clear some VG is not recommended for consumption despite being high purity...

Actually lorazepam is solubilised with PG as is diazepam (not diazemuls - that's an emulsion) hence why they are so gloopy and difficult to draw up!
That is true, when I had a big seizure I was given I.V Diazepam, that was in PG. If it is like other Benzodiazepines, it is probably due to it not being soluble in water, hence the PG.

Back
Top Bottom