What's new

Griffin 25 - very minor leaking?

View attachment 116615Dont have the Griff 25 but do have the Griff 22mm seen here..
I too was having a slight leaking issue until I made sure none of the cotton was touching the edge of the airholes.. This pic was taken before a flavor/cotton change after vaping about 150mls of juice thru it..no leaks, no dry hits either..Griffin is a great tank for sure, :)

I also wicked it exactly like that, my leaking was coming through the twisty part above the bottom airflow so it wasn't a wicking issue else it would have been coming through the actual bottom airflow itself, right?

When it's on a mod, if you try to wiggle the top is there a minor amount of play between the glass and the AFC ring? If so;

The bases are press fit.

1) strip the tank down so you're just left with the base/deck

2) take the 510 pin out

3) place the base on a solid surface, 510 up

4) gently tap with a rubber mallet/heavy implement

Thanks for taking the time to suggest this, however I've already sent both the Griffin 25 and Griffin 25 plus back for refund. I really don't see why I should have to strip it down, hammer here and hammer there just to get this thing working as it should have to begin with.

Gonna go with the iJoy Limitless XL once the refunds come through, my iJoy Tornado has been a rock solid tank, completely bone dry straight out of the box.

Also sent a Wismec Reuleaux RX200S back this week too :D was getting constant 'Atomizer short' error messages on that with the Griffin 25 on it, had to pull a battery and put it back in for it to work for a little while until I got the error again. Amazon must love me :D

Also sent a Wismec Reuleaux RX200S back this week too :D was getting constant 'Atomizer short' error messages on that with the Griffin 25 on it, had to pull a battery and put it back in for it to work for a little while until I got the error again. Amazon must love me :D
If it was me I would have checked the Griffin on a separate ohm meter to check for a short with my build before going thru the hassel of sending the mod back..Also I would have tried another atty on the mod..but that's just me, lol

If it was me I would have checked the Griffin on a separate ohm meter to check for a short with my build before going thru the hassel of sending the mod back..Also I would have tried another atty on the mod..but that's just me, lol

The atty wasn't shorting. Pulling battery out of the mod and putting back in sorted the problem temporarily, also the same atty was fine on my Sigelei 150w. It's a very common problem with the Wismec mods - apparently down to the really shitty 510 connector and some attys having a longer 510 connector.

Been a pretty shitty week though in terms of vape gear. Just gonna stick with what I know and trust, the Sigelei Snow Wolf 218 will be replacing the RX200S and iJoy Limitless XL replacing the Griffin.

The atty wasn't shorting. Pulling battery out of the mod and putting back in sorted the problem temporarily, also the same atty was fine on my Sigelei 150w. It's a very common problem with the Wismec mods - apparently down to the really shitty 510 connector and some attys having a longer 510 connector.

Been a pretty shitty week though in terms of vape gear. Just gonna stick with what I know and trust, the Sigelei Snow Wolf 218 will be replacing the RX200S and iJoy Limitless XL replacing the Griffin.
Well I had these three RX mods for awhile now
IMG_20170115_104506296.jpg
one RX200, one RX200s, and the newer RX300 on the far right..Happy to report I've had no problems whatsoever with these Wismec mods..love'um, lol
(26650 100w Wismec Presa on the far left has a been a trouble free mod too)

Well I had these three RX mods for awhile nowView attachment 116678 one RX200, one RX200s, and the newer RX300 on the far right..Happy to report I've had no problems whatsoever with these Wismec mods..love'um, lol
(26650 100w Wismec Presa on the far left has a been a trouble free mod too)

Fair enough mate. All I know is mine was reporting constant shorts on an atty that was fine and the only way to solve it was pulling a battery out and putting back in. To be honest I probably would have gotten a replacement sent out to me until I saw all the crap about Wismec voiding their warranty if using a tank that isn't Wismec on any of their mods - what kind of bullcrap is that?

Fair enough mate. All I know is mine was reporting constant shorts on an atty that was fine and the only way to solve it was pulling a battery out and putting back in. To be honest I probably would have gotten a replacement sent out to me until I saw all the crap about Wismec voiding their warranty if using a tank that isn't Wismec on any of their mods - what kind of bullcrap is that?
Sometimes I have to wire brush the tops and bottoms of all my batteries and use scotch brite on the contacts in my mods..They get dirty constantly taking them in and out for batt swaps, plus wire brush the contacts in my chargers.. Im a firm believer maintenance keeps things running smoothly..nice chatting with you and keep on vapin! :)

Sometimes I have to wire brush the tops and bottoms of all my batteries and use scotch brite on the contacts in my mods..They get dirty constantly taking them in and out for batt swaps, plus wire brush the contacts in my chargers.. Im a firm believer maintenance keeps things running smoothly..nice chatting with you and keep on vapin! :)

Well I had the mod for less than a week and only ever had the Griffin's on it :D

You too buddy. All the best.

I know this doesn't apply now @holyjuice but the last night I read up on press fitted atties with juice flow control & it seems that most, if not all will leak

This week, I've had two Griffins sat on stands, both half full with JFC closed & neither have leaked, not a spot on the edges or underneath the tank

All week I've been vaping my Merlin, same sort of JFC as the Griffin, it's been sat in front of me on my desk & I haven't noticed a drop yet when I take it off at night, there's a small puddle underneath

What I've figured is, when you turn the JLC to fill it up whilst it's on your mod, a bit of juice will seep past the airflow ring & out the bottom of the attie. I've just taken the Merlin off to refill & a little juice leaked out of the bottom. I'll recheck in a couple of hours to see if it's dry under there

Back
Top Bottom