What's new

Review Hcigar Kylin Mech Mod

Voltage drop under load would just be a random reading Vern unless the same load is used for other devices, surely?

Voltage drop under load would just be a random reading Vern unless the same load is used for other devices, surely?
yes indeed it would be. I sometimes dont like it when the reviews are all technical...I'm more touchy feely weighty shiny use and like not like...be damned with the numbers, if it vapes good then I can like it no matter what numbers say. You;ve probably noticed in most of my reviews I dont even vape the things..too subjective IMHO and open to "OMG hits like a train!!!!!11111"
Just Andy put numbers, so wanted to know the scale. Thanks for the review btw Andy, it clarified the battery...because I did honestly spend a bit part of this weekend trying to figure out what they did to the kylin that made it 18350 capable, and now I know the answer:-)

edit: OMG!!!!111 while i was typing some people got into a fight!!!!! lol

yes indeed it would be. I sometimes dont like it when the reviews are all technical...I'm more touchy feely weighty shiny use and like not like...be damned with the numbers, if it vapes good then I can like it no matter what numbers say. You;ve probably noticed in most of my reviews I dont even vape the things..too subjective IMHO and open to "OMG hits like a train!!!!!11111"
Just Andy put numbers, so wanted to know the scale. Thanks for the review btw Andy, it clarified the battery...because I did honestly spend a bit part of this weekend trying to figure out what they did to the kylin that made it 18350 capable, and now I know the answer:-)

Sorry Vern, the voltage drop was not done under load, I measured the battery using the probe on the positive and negative, and then measured the centre pin, and threading. I dont have one of the jobbies that you screw in. Personally, as I am not a subohm person, who is looking for a hard hit, these things really dont matter to me. :)

BfcDanny
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN MAN!?
I've missed your sales threads! ;)

Also, really really strange question Andy - How is the 510 on this constructed?
Ie, could you do it 'chi you' style, and whack a bit of delrin in their and use the chi you screw to make connection? I really, REALLY want to love this, but since I only use drippers (Well, until tomorrow/wednesday when I will get the fogger)... I like flush :(

Just to add some pizazz to this item reviewed, I bought a near identical one (ok its the same really minus logos) about 4 months ago....maybe 3...cant remember.. and did a youtube review and think about 10 people have gone and got one because of that and posted back on my channel how much they like the pants off this thing. It has the sweetest button, and it so damn small. My wife uses it as her daily driver and I've tempted her with a nemesis and I cant repeat where she told me to put it, except that its that place merino-teflon is going to put Mawsley 's Igo L

If you want a genuinely pretty mod, that is light yet sturdy, and very fuss-free you cant go far wrong with this. And now you dont have to wait 6 bloody weeks for it either!

Yep.

I tend to feel that the only valuable figure is that of the mod without load because that is the only one which can be instantly compared across devices.

Voltage drop tends to be bandied about so much in relation to mods it's become meaningless without a standard. There was a list recently on Calivapers which seemed inclusive but all load testing used sub-ohm to just over one ohm loading which again doesn't reflect a true value. To my understanding it has to be under a very high load.

I guess I'm waiting on the one you've already got which claims to have silver pins - do you reckon it's chrome?

I have the pisces T, which will take 18490/18500/18650, but not an 18350, though it does have an adjustable, or floating, post, an awesome mod, nice to see a different logo on it too. So dinky, these things are in 18490/500 mode, that they are comparable in size to some 18350 mods as it is.

Yep.

I tend to feel that the only valuable figure is that of the mod without load because that is the only one which can be instantly compared across devices.

Voltage drop tends to be bandied about so much in relation to mods it's become meaningless without a standard. There was a list recently on Calivapers which seemed inclusive but all load testing used sub-ohm to just over one ohm loading which again doesn't reflect a true value. To my understanding it has to be under a very high load.

I guess I'm waiting on the one you've already got which claims to have silver pins - do you reckon it's chrome?
if its that list where they tried it with all the different pin materials, like good NASA scientists, I must admit I fell asleep in a cloud of dont-give-a-fuck

I dont knwo what pins mine has, but its the first one listed as that-place-we-cant-name-on-other-forums without logos etc. I made some more pins a while ago, some form brass...some form aluminium..as backups.. but that was for another reason (PT2 chewed the top pin and stopped airflow....long story and probably worthy of a post...which I shall go write about NOW) thanks for the reminder

This might be one for the new year as i start to rebuild my collection tbh, obviously i have missed a few things lets say politics but, looks good to me.......and i do miss SHINY SHINY SHINY :D:D

@BfcDanny
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN MAN!?
I've missed your sales threads! ;)

Also, really really strange question Andy - How is the 510 on this constructed?
Ie, could you do it 'chi you' style, and whack a bit of delrin in their and use the chi you screw to make connection? I really, REALLY want to love this, but since I only use drippers (Well, until tomorrow/wednesday when I will get the fogger)... I like flush :(

There is a photo on the review of the top cap, and its stuck solid. I wouldnt be messing with it, if I am honest

I have the pisces T, which will take 18490/18500/18650, but not an 18350, though it does have an adjustable, or floating, post, an awesome mod, nice to see a different logo on it too. So dinky, these things are in 18490/500 mode, that they are comparable in size to some 18350 mods as it is.

+1, in 18490 mode, it is the same size as a 18650 battery, the second photo compares the two.

Back
Top Bottom