What's new

Help with sleeper coils

cmichael818

Postman
So I can get the GENERAL idea of a sleeper, but I have trouble with the 2nd coil. Always. I get too much wire and don't have the space to make the coils lay down closer to the deck, nor the taughtness to clean he 2nd coil up. I'm building these on an IGO-M for the record. Yes I know, the deck is deep and a PITA to build sleepers on. Any help is nice!!

So I can get the GENERAL idea of a sleeper, but I have trouble with the 2nd coil. Always. I get too much wire and don't have the space to make the coils lay down closer to the deck, nor the taughtness to clean he 2nd coil up. I'm building these on an IGO-M for the record. Yes I know, the deck is deep and a PITA to build sleepers on. Any help is nice!!

Right, since no other nutters have chimed in, I am here once again to help.
The igo m is usually a split centre post unless I have the chigo m which only had one centre post.
Best thing to do is look up a guy called Kurt leoblich or something like that on YouTube as he does awesome build tutorials.
Also, what wire, etc?

Also, because it's my pet hate. A sleeper build is JUST a build that looks like it'd be shit but isn't, so is built with gaps equally spaced etc. A SINGLE STRAND build is probably what you're doing ;) #riptrippers was wrong

Yes, single strand. And yes, it's the igo clone with he single center post. Don't get me wrong, the build hits like a train, I just wish it'd look nicer. That's kinda tough to do with twisted Kanthal AND as a parallel, but tips would be nice. And I will go check that guy's page out. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Back
Top Bottom