What's new

Popping coil help!

I always use touching coils, can't be arsed to space them out.

I've noticed when I get popping that there is always a wee space in it somewhere, even if it's where the legs come out. I think there must be a certain width of space that is conducive to popping. Spacing the coil makes sure that the doomed spacing width is always exceeded. Or you could just pincer the coil together with tweezers, to narrow it, which fixes it for me.

i’m not sure, my coils are very narrowly spaced and i don’t really ever get them popping. maybe a single little gap in a touching coil causes a problem?

but i don’t manually space the coils, stainless wire spaces itself, and distributes all the wraps evenly.

i’m not sure, my coils are very narrowly spaced and i don’t really ever get them popping. maybe a single little gap in a touching coil causes a problem?

but i don’t manually space the coils, stainless wire spaces itself, and distributes all the wraps evenly.
It's very narrow when it happens. Like a contact coil, but for some reason a couple of wraps just have a tiny gap between them.

Could be down to the Deck, i haven't had popping but noticed a few RTA's and RBA's Crackle when firing. Mainly with Bridges tbh. I heard that a Crackle is a good sign of correct wicking though i couldn't say how true that is though i have never had a dry hit with a Tank that Crackles. I would have gone with water content in the Liquid and maybe the Deck your building on is more prone to that. If spaced coils don't fix the issue i wouldn't know what to suggest apart from the Actual Coil Material.

Edit to add :- If the Liquid is cold it could be popping as the Coil heats the juice.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help! I’ve gone back to my trusty Arcana for now but will definitely try some different builds in the Valor to see if I can fathom out this infernal popping!

Back
Top Bottom