What's new

Popping coil help!

jimmy_sparks

Postman
Morning all!

Just after a bit of help :)

I have the Valor RTA and am finding my coils pop like crazy in it and it’s driving me up the wall!!

I’m putting in a simple Kanthal round wire build - 28 gauge, 2.5mm, 6 wraps non-spaced coming out around 1.1ohm. I’ve tried experimenting with the wick (thin, thick, fluffed, not fluffed etc) but it just keeps happening.

Really strange as I use the above build in all my other RTA’s and never have this issue. Anyone got any suggestions?

Have you tried the juice in one of your non popping builds, some brands of juice have a higher water content.

There are loads of opinions on why popping occurs, I`ve no idea why it happens but my personal experience is from when I used contact single strand micro coils and spaced the coils to suit an atty with wider posts. Since I`ve changed to rda`s and multi strand coils I haven`t had the problem, I`m not suggesting you change your vaping style, so, sorry the watery juice thing is all I`ve got.
When I tried TC vaping I used a single strand spaced s/s coil and never got any popping so maybe it has something to do with the way power is delivered to the coil.

just space the coil. why do people even make touching coils these days? and get some stainless wire while you are at it :)

I always use touching coils, can't be arsed to space them out.

I've noticed when I get popping that there is always a wee space in it somewhere, even if it's where the legs come out. I think there must be a certain width of space that is conducive to popping. Spacing the coil makes sure that the doomed spacing width is always exceeded. Or you could just pincer the coil together with tweezers, to narrow it, which fixes it for me.

Back
Top Bottom