What's new

Bishop v1 issue: Black vs. SS

I need a bit of a help here...

I have a Bishop (v1, SS) for months now, it's one of my favorite RTAs: very easy to wick, easy to fill, no spills, no spit-backs, I've managed to get an aroma from it in a range of some much more expensive RTAs almost from the beginning. So, I love it.

I've got recently a black version of the same RTA, a used one, from a friend who got it few months ago and "didn't like it". I said - great, I'll be able to pair Bishop with some other mods now! :)

It's day three now. maybe 20th build, with countless re-wicking and I'm not sure whether there's something wrong with the black version as it is, or "something has happened" to this particular piece (according to the previous owner - it's in a "mint" condition). I'm using the same setup as I'm using on the SS version: Kanthal 27ga, 8 rounds, 2mm diameter, BP Mods Pro Vape cotton placed ideally (not extending the deck and nicely "fluffed" towards the top), just like I was doing hundreds of times on my SS Bishop (I think this is an RTA I build/re-wick the quickest out of all I have).

What I get: barely a hint of an aroma (sometimes not aroma at all - like I'm smoking the burning cotton, but the cotton is intact when I take it off), juice is not in an exact free fall, but the deck starts getting filled with the juice very quickly, so whenever I open the deck there's a nice amount of excess juice to clean around it, and I get very weird sounds from the air intakes (like light buzzing, not sure how to explain it) for the first second of the inhale (then it stops).

I've tried different positions of the coil, different wicking "structures", I've thoroughly washed the RTA multiple times and making sure it's fully dry before I do yet another build... but nothing works.

So, does anyone have both SS and Black versions of the Bishop V1, and have you noticed any need to make (at least a bit) different setup or any difference between these two at all?
If there is a difference - what is it? What are you doing to match the SS outcome?

Thanks!

Well, that one I didn't try :)
I was thinking of doing an ultrasound bath session one of these days, I was about to search for a place where I can do it. But I'll do the needle one first, I just need to find a needle that can fit the 0.8mm hole...

Sounds like one of the two possibilities.

1) you wick is too tight not allowing the juice to flow through the cotton or too thin not enough juice to soak the coils.

2) I would use a 2.5 coil build as it allows you to have more wick to control the juice flow better.

Hope that helps

Feel free to share some pics one of the other apes may chip in with more advice

Well, that one I didn't try :)
I was thinking of doing an ultrasound bath session one of these days, I was about to search for a place where I can do it. But I'll do the needle one first, I just need to find a needle that can fit the 0.8mm hole...

Try using a bit of Kanthal roundwire.

Try using the pin from the SS one first to see if the pin is causing the problem.

What I get: barely a hint of an aroma (sometimes not aroma at all - like I'm smoking the burning cotton, but the cotton is intact when I take it off), juice is not in an exact free fall, but the deck starts getting filled with the juice very quickly, so whenever I open the deck there's a nice amount of excess juice to clean around it, and I get very weird sounds from the air intakes (like light buzzing, not sure how to explain it) for the first second of the inhale (then it stops).

Thanks!

Only got a SS one but I've not had an excess amount of juice around the deck. Maybe too much juice is getting to the cotton.

I don't have any issue with the SS version as well... The black I've built the same as SS and there's loads of issues, so I'm not sure if it's an issue for all the black models or just my piece is misbehaving.

Anyway, I've tried the needle cleaning... It seems like it was clean already, so, didn't help. I'm eager to try the ultrasound bath as well, maybe it was left dirty for a long period of time and some juice "calcified" (in absence of a better term).

I don't have any issue with the SS version as well... The black I've built the same as SS and there's loads of issues, so I'm not sure if it's an issue for all the black models or just my piece is misbehaving.

Anyway, I've tried the needle cleaning... It seems like it was clean already, so, didn't help. I'm eager to try the ultrasound bath as well, maybe it was left dirty for a long period of time and some juice "calcified" (in absence of a better term).
I've had a black one and it worked fine.
I can only suggest what others have... maybe try to compare the holes (air, juice), parts (wick 'rests', chamber) and orings between the two? I don't see what else it could be :doh:

Back
Top Bottom