What's new

Forum newbie - anyone seen this before?

i think this is because kanthal and ni80 are very dirty and horrid even when new. they definitely have a taste. people who only use those wires don’t notice it and will claim there’s not. others may have a less refined palate. kanthal tastes like rotten socks when it’s new. i suspect people often attribute this to cotton. :)

Thanks - I was following the other thread about new wires and moving to SS from kanthal, there was discussion around matching resistance vs number of wraps vs gauge compared to kanthal. Still not sure to be honest, will need to re-read.

i think this is because kanthal and ni80 are very dirty and horrid even when new. they definitely have a taste. people who only use those wires don’t notice it and will claim there’s not. others may have a less refined palate. kanthal tastes like rotten socks when it’s new. i suspect people often attribute this to cotton. :)

In which case there must be shed loads of folk who like the flavour of rotten socks mixed with whatever their juice is. :D

I've not really noticed rotten socks but we know Zou's palate is extra refined. Especially when it comes to inferior metals and beans!

@yzuk that may have been my thread about SS coils, don't worry about it, make your normal coil and use your normal wattage. Long story short, a regulated mod will figure out what to do and the resistance of the coil doesn't matter. I've been vaping a 0.4 ohm SS coil at 14W mtl with 50/50 juice for weeks, it works just fine.

Last edited:
I've not really noticed rotten socks but we know Zou's palate is extra refined. Especially when it comes to inferior metals and beans!

@yzuk that may have been my thread about SS coils, don't worry about it, make your normal coil and use your normal wattage. Long story short, a regulated mod will figure out what to do and the resistance of the coil doesn't matter. I've been vaping a 0.4 ohm SS coil at 14W mtl with 50/50 juice for weeks, it works just fine.

Just ordered a bunch of Single Core Claptons (1.34 ohms). Will give them a go before buying SS wire. When you say make your normal coil I assume you mean number of wraps, gauge, etc.?

Back
Top Bottom