What's new

Forum newbie - anyone seen this before?

I've had this before with my Bishop! ‍♂️

My juice would go really dark and dirty looking too. Initially i increased the air flow and it went away. But more recently I swapped from Kanthal to Ni80 and its never happened again and I reduced the air flow back down to where I was happier.

I deduced that Kanthal has a slower ramp up and a longer cool down and therefore carried on vaporising after I'd let go of the fire button. And then that bit of vapour went through the wicking hole into the tank.

Ni80 and SS coils seems to give more of an on/off heat and its cleaned up my Bishop.

Thanks @Deadanddripping. I think I'm allergic to nichrome so have to stick with the kanthal. I might go back to building my own simple 1.0 ohm 28 GAs as the claptons seem to get clogged with gunk very quickly with the liquid I use and have a noticeably longer ramp-up.

I've had this before with my Bishop! ‍♂️

My juice would go really dark and dirty looking too. Initially i increased the air flow and it went away. But more recently I swapped from Kanthal to Ni80 and its never happened again and I reduced the air flow back down to where I was happier.

I deduced that Kanthal has a slower ramp up and a longer cool down and therefore carried on vaporising after I'd let go of the fire button. And then that bit of vapour went through the wicking hole into the tank.

Ni80 and SS coils seems to give more of an on/off heat and its cleaned up my Bishop.

I have two rtas that are gravity fed and when using the same juice and coil material the liquid in the tank goes darker in both than in my other rtas. It doesn't bother me though and no milky bubbles.

Thanks @Deadanddripping. I think I'm allergic to nichrome so have to stick with the kanthal. I might go back to building my own simple 1.0 ohm 28 GAs as the claptons seem to get clogged with gunk very quickly with the liquid I use and have a noticeably longer ramp-up.

The other option is stainless steel which also ramps up and cools fast. The coils seem a bit cleaner for longer too.

I have two rtas that are gravity fed and when using the same juice and coil material the liquid in the tank goes darker in both than in my other rtas. It doesn't bother me though and no milky bubbles.

Never really bothered me to be honest but I figured a dirty juice meant dirtier wicks. Switching from kanthal has kept everything clean and clear though, even on a tight airflow.

I have the same with stainless steel and Nicholas claptons.

I wouldn't worry about it.

As long as you dried burned your coil, used fish cotton and decent juice in a clean tank you should be OK.

It really doesn't bother me

get some stainless steel wile, you’ll not regret it

Never used SS been put off by kanthal users saying dry burning SS can be a problem. Will give it a go.

dry burning any wire can be a problem. if you get some stainless you might also notice that old coils affect the taste. wire is cheap, best to just wrap a new one :)

dry burning any wire can be a problem. if you get some stainless you might also notice that old coils affect the taste. wire is cheap, best to just wrap a new one :)

I did notice this! I did the usual dry burn, scrape and flick. Put a new wick in and it tasted like shit. Kanthal and ni80 I use over and over, SS...bleurgh...but otherwise its great! :D

I did notice this! I did the usual dry burn, scrape and flick. Put a new wick in and it tasted like shit. Kanthal and ni80 I use over and over, SS...bleurgh...but otherwise its great! :D

i think this is because kanthal and ni80 are very dirty and horrid even when new. they definitely have a taste. people who only use those wires don’t notice it and will claim there’s not. others may have a less refined palate. kanthal tastes like rotten socks when it’s new. i suspect people often attribute this to cotton. :)

Back
Top Bottom