What's new

How to change button without damaging the Warranty strip?

MiscoDatt

Veteran
Simple as that really. Any advice on the best way to replace the button without damaging the warranty strip would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Mine ain’t authentic so no warranty strip but I have changed my button, it’s possible to change the button without completely removing the plate, I think you should be able to do it, remove the 4 hex screws lift the plate from the left side, just be careful not to lift it up to far and the warranty strip should be fine, pop old button out and new one in, screw it back together... :)2

Hair Dryer on medium heat to loosen the glue on the strip, then very gently prize it up et voila. Replace button then when you have secured the plate, warm up the strip again and it'll re adhere. :)

Hair Dryer on medium heat to loosen the glue on the strip, then very gently prize it up et voila. Replace button then when you have secured the plate, warm up the strip again and it'll re adhere. :)

Marvellous thank you!

A09941B4-D3C0-4286-9E6C-E4230D4F29B4.jpeg

The perfect crime! Thank you Mr @Rob . Button (and tip) courtesy of Russel at ICM. Lovely guy and local too. Good call!

Back
Top Bottom