What's new

Advice needed - Rta alternative to Ares 2

The Kayfun X and the mini version of it are both top slide fill. The OGs are expensive but there are clones.

Last edited:
Awesome suggestions. Cheers! For what it's worth I'm not stuck on a top slide cap for filling - it's the convenience I like. The speed. Having used the Ares (esp. Ares 1 in this regard) it's very quick and you can open it one handed to fill. With the Ares Finale (and others) you need to unscrew the top and place it somewhere to then fill. By comparison it's a faff. So I like the convenience - but wouldn't be against using a different type of fill if it's convenient and doesn't require separation of the rta in order to fill it. I'm open to ideas tbh.

The Hellvape dead rabbit solo has a top sliding cap so that's on my shortlist - but open to other suggestions.

I should add - I'm looking for a tank that uses coils. Not anything that requires bespoke atties. I like to keep the cost of consumables down.

Awesome suggestions. Cheers! For what it's worth I'm not stuck on a top slide cap for filling - it's the convenience I like. The speed. Having used the Ares (esp. Ares 1 in this regard) it's very quick and you can open it one handed to fill. With the Ares Finale (and others) you need to unscrew the top and place it somewhere to then fill. By comparison it's a faff. So I like the convenience - but wouldn't be against using a different type of fill if it's convenient and doesn't require separation of the rta in order to fill it. I'm open to ideas tbh.

The Hellvape dead rabbit solo has a top sliding cap so that's on my shortlist - but open to other suggestions.

That now sounds like anything except bottom fill, there are quite a lot of those around.

Last edited:
Hi folks - I hope you can help.
I'm a long time fan of the Ares line - especially Ares 2. Problem is they've stopped making it - and I don't rate the Finale - or at least don't rate the new cap. I like the slide cap on the Ares 1 and 2. Is there anything out there that's similar that won't break the bank?

Ps a weakness of the Ares is the small rubber aperture for filling. In time it deforms and wants to pop out which is no use. If that component/design was better it would have been pretty much perfect. So anyone got any ideas?

All advice is greatly appreciated so thanks in advance...
I've got a near brand new, unused Ares 2 (D22) boxed, but no cellophane, if ya interested, plus a used 5ml in black that I can clean up. Might also have a few spares kicking around ?

Thanks for the offer Green*Genie.
Here's the problem however. Though I like the Ares 2 - it is flawed. Why I am on here is because I know that down the road I'll have the same issue when the filling gasket thing deforms. In my Ares 2 I also can't remove the top to replace the gasket because I can't remove one of the securing screws. If you pm me what you're looking for for them I'll have a think tho.

The Kayfun X and the mini version of it are both top slide fill. The OGs are expensive but there are clones.
Check out this video @Subharmonic

I ended up buying a dead rabbit solo. Doh! I've no idea why I thought it could do MTL. Where can I get a reasonably cheap Kayfun x mini in UK? Is the Aerokon a variant? Sounds interesting...

Where can I get a reasonably cheap Kayfun x mini in UK? Is the Aerokon a variant? Sounds interesting...

Cheap would be a clone, Naturevape have one. The aerokon airflow is adjusted by a screw pin on the base as opposed to using separate airpins, it goes from closed to 1.8mm.

Cheap would be a clone, Naturevape have one. The aerokon airflow is adjusted by a screw pin on the base as opposed to using separate airpins, it goes from closed to 1.8mm.
Are you Nathan the NETVaper guy on YouTube? If you are I've been watching a lot of your videos last couple of days - fantastic stuff.

When I started this quest for my new tank thought slide top to fill was high on the priority - but it seems there's a dearth of tanks like this. But having looked at other options I'm now finding that larger capacity than 2ml is a big priority. I'm a bargain hunter too lol - so currently looking at:
The Bi2hop (though the bottom fill is putting me off a little)
Hellvape Dead Rabbit MTL
Arbiter Solo
Nevermore MTL
Some kind of Kayfun clone - though I know little about the Kayfun options.

Something I've noticed is that of the tanks above is that many of them don't come with bubble tanks? I tend to rattle through a tank if it's only 2ml - my Ares Finale is only a 2ml tank and I'm filling that all the time.

Any other ideas and comments are greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom