What's new

if you could only keep one rta what would it be?

This is very much a before and after question for me and requires two answers - only one of which I can give.

The first is an easy one as like most you I've spent most of my vaping life using mass produced main-stream items and my go-to for that was always the Innokin Ares 2 and as a budget option it would be that.

It was never fashionable, favoured or very popular but it always worked for me, it never let me down and it suited my juices perfectly, and TBH if I could only vape one budget atty ever again, from those I've tried it would be that.

But now of course things have changed a bit, as I've been obscenely profligate over the past year and picked up an authentic Innova, Nar-Va, Skyline-R and Picatiny to name but a few. And on that front, I can't answer. I love them all and won't be parting with any.

I must admit that I always went the budget option for years, then I fell down the Boro hole, I have maybe 10 bridges and all authentic.

My previous answer was the Taifun GT4S - and if still is my all time favourite RTA, but I didn't notice this is an MTL thread - I use the GT4S for DL and wouldn't even consider using it for MTL.

My favourite MTL tanks are the Kaifun Lites and Dvarw FL MTL tanks in 24mm form. The extra width just means an increase in juice capacity without having to use bellcaps/extensions - yes I know it is shallow but I prefer the compact look of the stock tank. As 3.5ml of 20mg will last me a full day the bottom fill method of both isn't an issue for me so it is a potential con that doesn't put me off.

I have a difficult time choosing between the two. I like a loose MTL so don't care for the Aerokon Pro pin and have to unwind it to the point that it protrudes so it can be temperamental with some mods, but the standard pin works fine, so it isn't really a con, the hollow 510 occasionally causes issues on some of my older mods with narrow pin style positive in the 510, but these mods are tatty relics I don't use much. Occasionally I've had problems fitting the peek inner chamber in place on the Dwarw - but that is because I have shaky hands and on bad days find building anything can be challenging, but nine times out of ten the insert fits in place on the first attempt. Generally, I find both easy to build and both to give similar flavour.

At a push I'd go for the Dvarw as a favourite of the two, but it is a very difficult choice - and I'm glad that I've bought several replacements of both in case I break anything.

Last edited:
If it happens right now, the need to pick just one, it would be Sputnik. Incredible aroma and the looks, easy to build, no-issue bottom fill... never leaked, never left me without a satisfying vape.

After considering, probably the Arcana. Though I wouldn't be distraught sticking with any of the 6 I have in rotation currently:
- Arcana
- Hurricane 1.4 Clone
- Taifun GTR Clone
- FeV 4.5 Clone
- Neeko
- Dvarw FL MTL Clone

I bought an Arcana 22 from Vbar, never got to use it properly though. When I received it, I put it through a hot water scrub and put it through an ultrasonic cleaner with distilled water - bad throat and cough for a couple of days. Put it through an ultrasonic cleaner with a special non-toxic washing liquid "designed for use with breathing apparatus" to clear out any grease and grime - same problem. At this point I thought I'd spare myself a couple of days of coughing and a sore throat, so I put it away. Spoke to Vbar they had no idea. Not had this with any other tanks especially after rigorous cleaning.

Setup of liquid, coils and cotton was the same used on other RTAs.

I bought an Arcana 22 from Vbar, never got to use it properly though. When I received it, I put it through a hot water scrub and put it through an ultrasonic cleaner with distilled water - bad throat and cough for a couple of days. Put it through an ultrasonic cleaner with a special non-toxic washing liquid "designed for use with breathing apparatus" to clear out any grease and grime - same problem. At this point I thought I'd spare myself a couple of days of coughing and a sore throat, so I put it away. Spoke to Vbar they had no idea. Not had this with any other tanks especially after rigorous cleaning.

Setup of liquid, coils and cotton was the same used on other RTAs.

How odd

Back
Top Bottom