What's new

Review Ijoy Captain X3 Kit

Shetland Sam

Achiever
Hey guys. We are back again with a hardware review.

This kit was sent out for the purpose of this review. So thank you to @Sourcemore for the opportunity to review this product. All opinions expressed here are those of my own and no one else's.

So we have the Captain X3 kit.

20180904_163846.jpg

And as you can see it's a bit of a monster.

Mod

The wattage range is 5-324w
0.05ohm minimum resistance
3x20700(included) or 3x18650
Will take 26mm with no over hang

Tank

8ml capacity
Sliding top fill
Cobra resin drip tip
0.4 ohm and 0.2 ohm coils included.

Kit contents.

X3 Mod and Tank
3x20700 ijoy batteries
3x18650 battery adaptors
Straight glass
USB cable
Bag of spares
And the usual manual and warranty card.

So the kit I got sent included 3x20700 3000mah ijoy batteries giving you a massive 9000mah.

So let's start with the tank.

X3 Tank

The tank comes fitted with a 8ml bubble glass and the 0.4ohm coil.
It has a sliding top refill port. Which you may need to remove the drip tip to get your bottle in the filling port.
Dual airflow holes controlled by the airflow ring.
0.4 ohm coil rated 60-90w
0.2 ohm coil rated 90-110w.

I've had no issues with the tank at all. No leaks either. I have preferred the 0.2ohm coil over the 0.4 but that has just been my preference and both coils performed well. Although I would say for the 0.2ohm coil I found best at 80-90w at 100w your getting a slight burning taste with the vape.

Both coils have given good flavour and good vapour production.

And to point out the obvious the 0.2ohm coil is a bit thirsty which you would expect.

X3 Mod

This is a monster of a mod not really pocket friendly but I have enjoyed using it out and about.

As with most mods it's 5 clicks on and 5 clicks off.

3 clicks into the menu system
In the menu you can change between wattage and TC.
You can flip screen rotation
Then you can also change the screen time out time and reset the puff counter.

It also has the soft, medium, hard, and user power options.

Also has front usb port for firmware update.
I would always recommend using a external charger but you could charge the batteries in the mod.

I am purely a wattage vaper so haven't used the TC function at all.

The X3 has a large colour OLED screen with all the info you need and I haven't had an issue seeing the screen while out in brighter conditions.

So my time with the mod. Has been plain sailing with no issues to report so far, but if any arise I will update this.

I would of expected the batteries to last a bit longer than they have whilst vaping at 90w. But they have got me through a day out and about.

Whilst this is a big mod it isn't much bigger than the wismec rx DNA 200 which is a 3x18650 mod.

153652160945237153894.jpg

The finish on the mod and tank seems quite robust. With No chips or scratches from being chucked in my rucksack or being in my coat pocket with my house keys.

Pros

It's been faultless in my time with it.
Easy to navigate the settings
Tank gives good flavour and has been leak free.

Cons

The wattage rating on the 0.2ohm coil is a bit ambitious.
Not really pocket friendly

So my overall thoughts

I've not managed to find any actual faults with the tank or mod. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to be a cloud chucking hooligan.

20180904_164011.jpg

Currently priced at $64.40

And here is the link if you want to check it out yourself.

https://www.sourcemore.com/ijoy-cap...324w-mod-with-8ml-captain-x3-tank-purple.html

Back
Top Bottom