What's new

iJOY - Shogun Univ Kit - Specter Green

Vapin'Bolt

Postman
Joy to the world…

One of my first review mods/kits was the iJOY avenger and I had really mixed reviews and that was the last one I did. However, I have been keeping up to date with the iJOY bits which have been coming out and my eyes have been impressed very much. The Shogun has shown attention to the likes of the VooPoo following and its highly compared, let’s take a look…

resize_DSC_0882.JPG
resize_DSC_0883.JPG
resize_DSC_0884.JPG

Out the Box

The mod comes in of an array of different colours, 6 in total and sure to be more in the future. Colours are Black outer with Ghostfire, Hellfire, Specter Green, Galactic Hurricane, Splendor and Aurora Blue. All The mod retails at $89 USD and £65 GBP. So, a fairly priced bit of kit but is it worth every penny, just you wait.

The battery is two 18650s with a size of 88x55x28.mm so will take a decent size tank with the central location of the 510pin.

The mod can reach up to 5-180w which works on TC for those who enjoy this type of vaping experience. The chipset in this little beast is the UNIV Chip which is an all-around great performer.

The tank included is the Katana SubOhm, which was first introduced on the Katana Pen device. It is a good tank and I’m pleased slightly big but not too big 57.7x28.5mm with a standard 5.5ml capacity, but they do have a TPD compliant one also. It comes with the TPD glass. Two coils, standard KM1 Mesh Coil and the DM-M2 coil.

The kit includes a USB charger. The standard bottom of the box gifts is the accessories which include, Warranty cards and guides on how to use both the tank and mod.

resize_DSC_0885.JPG

The Build

The Shogun Univ is a lovely size. It feels great in the hand too and so comfy. The quality of the build is outstanding, and it’s so compacted together this isn’t any rattle. The finish is painted metal which is awesome and there has been no faults in the quality here I just hope it last over time and usage. I’m pretty sure there is no communication here… So, it is a nice size and looks the part. It’s a nice weighty mod and very nice indeed.

The screen is nice and bright, and I think it’s just a good size. On the screen, it displays the battery life on each cell and the power mode you are in. Again, all the reviews I do are in power mode only. If you request me to take on another mod I can do so and give you a brief outline of what’s in store. The power is in 180w max where I have used it on an RDA and other tanks work pretty well but you can tell a difference in output power on battery cells with an RDA, dual or single.

I would recommend using up to 28mm tanks and up to 25mm RDAs, I did use one and it looked awesome. The 510 pin is slightly raised which is centred so it can have a maximum of 28mm tanks. This is a good touch compared to other models out there.

The battery life is pretty good on the dual batteries I’m in love and its great. The power output is very good and with the ultra-fast firing of the UNIV chip. The power lasted right down to the last bit of power and it worked well.

The fire button is very clicky and it really does have a fast-performing. All the buttons are clicky and well-built they seem to be here for a while. The fire button is very responsive in my opinion and I like it a lot.

Some other features which are included are as follows;

Firmware Upgradeable

Low/High Resistance Protection

Battery Reverse Protection

Short Circuit Protection

PCB Temp Overheat Protection

Low Power Alert

Switch Timeout Protection

resize_DSC_0886.JPG
resize_DSC_0887.JPG
resize_DSC_0888.JPG
resize_DSC_0889.JPG
resize_DSC_0890.JPG
resize_DSC_0891.JPG
resize_DSC_0893.JPG
resize_DSC_0894.JPG
resize_DSC_0899.JPG

Pros

· Great in the hand

· Great build

· Fast fire

· Clear, basic display and menu

· Awesome battery life

· Beautiful design

· Solid build

· Upgradable firmware

Cons

· None at all…

resize_DSC_0895.JPG

Conclude

Now it’s easy to compare this one with the likes of the VooPoo and I must say I think it’s a solid all-round better mod and much cheaper. The way it’s designed and fits into the hand is well and truly thought of. The Resin panels are solid and think 3mm which is a bonus, so you know, and I know it’s going to be much harder wearing than the others because come on the paintwork on the DRAGs haven’t got much better at all…

The solidity of this mod is exceptional, and I can say that they are sure to make big impressions in the world of vaping with the array of designs and the idea. I’m sure the Shogun JR is going to be just as good and hit the market pretty well

The question is would I buy it? 100% yes!! It's great and well worth it. I’ve tried this mod with the provided tank as well as other RDAs which seem to perform really well in any case. The design is for me and I must say this if you’re after the better mod this is the one ideal second mod, ideal first-time mod…go on…get it…

resize_DSC_0896.JPG

Equipment/Products Used

Mod – iJOY – Shogun Univ– Specter Green
Tank – iJOY- Katana – Black
E-liquid – Vape Dodo – Prophecy – Pear and Brown Sugar – 70/30
Coils – KM1 Coil – 0.15ohm Mesh coil – 75w recommended
Batteries – Sony VTC5a 2600mah & Samsung 25r – 18650s

Get this mod at the number one online Chinese retailer Vapesourcing

Back
Top Bottom