What's new

Innokin Klypse Kit.

Astral

Achiever

Innokin Klypse.

Disclaimer: This is an independent review of a vape device kindly provided to me by @innonkin and is not associated with Planet Of The Vapes or any other organisation. The opinions here are purely my own and I am not receiving any payment or inducement for them.

IMG_20220615_152638.jpg

Oh no! It's only gone and happened. The day I feared has finally come. Innokin has only gone and disappointed me!.

But don’t worry, it’s not the device that’s the disappointment, it’s only the name.

You see, before it came out I thought this was going to be pronounced the ‘Klypse’ as in calypso music but I’m reliably informed it’s pronounced ‘Clips’ as in Bulldog and paper clips, not the Caribbean dance tune.

Until then I’d been having images of tropical paradises and evenings in the sand sipping exotic cocktails, but now it's giving me images of office stationery cupboards and 9-5’s.

Oh well, you can’t have everything, I suppose.

Apparently it's called the 'Clips' because it has a magnetised cap for the mouthpiece and consumers have been asking for one. I don’t know who these consumers are because I never have but apparently there are some.

Technically it's called the 'Clips' because it clips to the bottom but I just chose to leave it off and forget about it.

It does, however, make for a wonderful finger clacker if you're a fiddler like me…

Annoying much?

IMG_20220615_153014.jpg IMG_20220615_153856.jpg
IMG_20220615_153933.jpg

Anyway, not that it matters. Everything else is good.

Simplicity was the name of the game here and this little belter is simplicity personified.

Other than that, there’s not really much to tell you. This is about as basic as it gets.

It’s as basic as a set of bongos.

You don’t even get any airflow or wattage control, and there's not even a choice of coil.

The only one available is the 16w, 0.8ohm mesh integrated affair that comes with it, and you only get one of those too.

To say it needs a better range and more provisions in the package would be an understatement.

It is just a tiny bit loose though, but not noticeably more than any of its rivals, and even as an auto-draw only device, it fired 'on the button'.

IMG_20220615_152802.jpg IMG_20220615_152812.jpg
IMG_20220615_152917.jpg IMG_20220615_152943.jpg

However, it's not really fair to criticise too much as Innokin said themselves in the press release that: “We spent time finding the perfect balance of air intake and warmth and to create a looser MTL draw, which maximises flavour and vapour output at 16W”, this is a solid little coil that does exactly that

It’s extremely flavourful to boot, so really it does everything it needs to, and well.

It even brought out a tone in some of my juices I hadn’t previously experienced in a pod before.

One of my Cola’s actually tasted nicer than in an RTA I'd just rewicked and I hadn’t expected that. So there’s a compliment right off the bat.

I can’t see it having too many problems with other juices either.

Fruits and desserts both worked well, as did both their freebase and nic salts variants.

The only omission I can make from the list here is tobaccos, and that's only because I don’t vape them, but I imagine they'd be fine too.

The only real disappointment was the pod’s capacity as they’ve gone in 2ml compliance with TPD for the whole world, but you can’t really blame them for that.

IMG_20220615_153319.jpg IMG_20220615_153337.jpg
IMG_20220615_153224.jpg IMG_20220615_153055.jpg

It would’ve been nice if they’d made it top-fill for once though. Side-fill bungs are always a bit fiddly.

Anyway, aside from that, it does make up for it all with a little extra battery capacity over its rivals and has a super smooth, and pleasant, hand feel.

The 700 mah battery should last a decent amount of the day, and the 1 hour, 5v/1amp USB Type-C charging will soon top you up if you are a little short.

IMG_20220615_154046.jpg

They also say they’ve: “taken inspiration from fashion and aerospace to create a modern, elegant device that looks as beautiful as it vapes. Our new anodic oxidation process adds a tough, scratch resistant finish without increasing weight” and it shows.

The 94 x 29 x 15.2 mm all aluminum alloy body and cool, smooth, sparkly coating, looks as nice as it feels.

With its six metallic colour schemes; Indigo, Charcoal, Mint, Brush, Scarlett and Graphite, it’ll look good wherever you are, but I’m not convinced it’ll be in the clouds.

Are vapes allowed on planes?

Whatever.

It does everything they’ve said and only the provisions let it down a little, but we know what it comes with - or doesn’t in this case - beforehand, so you can’t say weren’t told.

The box only contains your device, a USB-C cable and your literature, nothing more, but that’s par for the course these days and nothing unusual in a cost saving world.

IMG_20220615_153630.jpg IMG_20220615_153734.jpg

So, whether you’re a beginner that wants your first device or an experienced vaper that just wants an out and about pod, then this is a decent shout, and it certainly keeps Innokin right at the forefront of the mini pod scene and that was their intention.

[IMG_20220615_152943.jpg
IMG_20220615_153014.jpgIMG_20220615_152910.jpg

If there is one slight criticism I have of it though, is that perhaps it’s a little safe, but if that’s all I’ve got, then it’s not much and I suspect they’ll take it, and, as it goes, as will I, even if it is just to annoy other people with that clickety top-cap.

While you may want to use this yourself, I suspect you soon might want other people to be using something else.

When I said it won’t offend anyone, I meant it, but I said nothing about irritating them….

Last edited:
Sounds pretty decent mate. Don't think it's got enough to tempt me though.

Enjoyed the review @Astral thanks, it’s a nice little device nothing complicated easy use, wife loves it. Shame only one pod comes with it and no coil change but it is what it is.

Sounds pretty decent mate. Don't think it's got enough to tempt me though.
You should try one, they're only like £12, and it will surprise you!

This is fast becoming my favourite pod. Not had any seepage yet (which the GV One does from time to time), and that top cap is a big plus for a little device you can take on a night out without getting pocket fluff in your mouth

You should try one, they're only like £12, and it will surprise you!

This is fast becoming my favourite pod. Not had any seepage yet (which the GV One does from time to time), and that top cap is a big plus for a little device you can take on a night out without getting pocket fluff in your mouth

Good to know thanks.

Shame I didn't post this thread a day earlier @rew. I'd have sent you my spare as a gift if I'd thought of it.

Shame I didn't post this thread a day earlier @rew. I'd have sent you my spare as a gift if I'd thought of it.

No worries mate. I'm sure someone else would get more use out of it than me.

Great write up @Astral it's one I'm continuing to use all the time, so convenient to just pop in your pocket for out and about and great flavour.

I was really impressed with this. CBA with pods normally, but the flavour from this thing took me by surprise, it's phenomenal. Better than any RTA.

I was really impressed with this. CBA with pods normally, but the flavour from this thing took me by surprise, it's phenomenal. Better than any RTA.

I've never tried CDB personally @MHL but if it work for you the give it a go. It seems to work with most thing's.

Back
Top Bottom