What's new

Innokin MVP Pod Kit.

Astral

Achiever

Innokin MVP Pod Kit.

Disclaimer: This is an independent review of a vape device kindly provided to me by @Innokin and is not associated with Planet Of The Vapes or any other organisation. The opinions here are purely my own and I am not receiving any payment or inducement for them.

DSCF0612 (2).JPG

It’s that time of year again. The leaves fall from the trees, children demand sweets with menace and we all give thanks for all the wonderful things we have.

It’s also the time of year a bearded gentleman looms on ominously the horizon bearing gifts, but this year he’s been beaten to it by @Innokin who’ve just delivered their new MVP pod kit for me to try out.

It’s been a while since I’ve last reviewed an @Innokin product so I was hoping I wasn’t going to be disappointed. Their stuff is always something I look forward to doing immensely.

When it arrived it came completely out of the blue so I was more than a little bit surprised that they’d remembered me at all, but not that I should’ve been, they’ve always been pretty on the ball. Not that that would stop me giving them a bad review if they deserved one though.

But fortunately, they’ve got nothing to worry about this time and I can honestly say the new MVP pod kit they’ve sent me is yet another little belter from the Shenzhen masters and another wonderful little addition to their pod line up.

If you’ve read any of my previous reviews, you may already have gathered I’m a huge fan of their Sceptre and Endura M18 kits and this, their new baby brother is no exception.

It fills a gap for a basic pod kit in their market admirably and even runs under the tagline ‘back to basics’

As you may gather from that then, this is a much smaller and much more basic kit than its two forebears, designed with the beginners market in mind and features a more limited battery life of 500mah, a smaller liquid capacity [2ml TPD / 2.7ml standard] and ‘captive-coil’ pods. But it does come with 0.65amp USB Type-C changing and two step power adjustment of 11 - 12.5w.

DSCF0622 (2).JPG DSCF0624 (2).JPG
DSCF0627 (2).JPG DSCF0620 (2).JPG

It comes in a choice of six lovely, glossy colours: Pink Fade, Liquid Amber, Stealth Black, Ocean Waves, Space Grey and Blue Fade. All set upon on a lightweight 107.88mm x 22.66mm x 13.38mm zinc-alloy chassis.

In the hand, it’s an extremely elegant and simplistic little unit, having just it’s front mounted fire/power button and side-mounted USB-C port for texture, giving a nice ergonomic feel in the hand and contouring nicely into the palm.

It feels cool to the touch and entirely natural to fondle.

In the mouth, it feels just as nice, with the duck-billed mouthpiece tapered to a gentle tip to form a well sculpted, comfortable and natural fitting opening.

DSCF0632 (2).JPG DSCF0635 (2).JPG
DSCF0637 (2).JPG DSCF0641 (2).JPG

The pod itself recesses deeply into the mod, and is a side-filling 2.7ml [or 2ml TPD] affair that slides in nicely and is well magnetised. There is no hint of rattle of looseness here.

The juice port is big enough to take most smaller bottles and the bung is secure enough so that there is no hint of leaking.

Using it couldn’t be simpler. It’s called the MVP but it could easily be called the ABC.

With just a single non-changeable ‘captive’ 0.65ohm coil to choose from and two levels of power adjustment there’s not much to fuss yourself with.

It’s a simple draw or fire button activation device and provides adequate response with both, producing a decent cloud with good flavour.

The vertical round wire coils and pods are new to this device and are yet another triumph for Innokin. They work and wick really well.

The vape is nicely tight and provides an almost perfectly balanced MTL, while not being cheek puckeringly tight, it is tight enough to fall within most peoples remit of a natural MTL, and shouldn’t be too airy for anybody.

I found this to be really perfectly balanced for my tastes and extremely enjoyable.

The two ranges of warmth's helped with this too. Just double click the power button and you can go through the two settings with ease - the lower green 11w setting or the 12.5w red higher one, with your choice being illuminated by a coloured LED.

Giving more credence to this being an MTL device is the range of liquids they’ve advertised this device as being for. They’ve made a play on it being suitable both for 50/50 high PG juices and for nicotine salts - both modern MTL staples.

It’s quite unusual to see a manufacturer recommend juice types or viscosities for their devices so perhaps that’s an extra indication that they’re trying to attract the newcomers with this.

In the box you get all your usual sundries like your device, your two pods, your USB-C charging cable and your literature, all wrapped up in @Innokin’s laudable eco-friendly cardboard packaging.

There’s nothing much to see here, but thanks to its biodegradability that’s for the better.

DSCF0652 (2).JPG DSCF0653 (2).JPG

All in all this is yet another little gem from @Innokin and it keeps them right at the forefront of the genre. It gives all their competitors something to aspire to and puts most to shame. The draw is perfect and the two stages of power adjustment are just right.

If I was being hypercritical a third stage of power adjustment wouldn’t have gone amiss, neither would some airflow control, interchangeable coils or a slightly larger battery, but I guess that would’ve just over complicated things and gone against the remit of keeping it small and simple. Those aside this is a perfect little device for what it is, and if it suits your needs it will suit them perfectly.

The build quality is top-draw and I have no doubts about the longevity of the device. All my previous @Innokin pods have lasted well and I have no doubts this one will be any different.

So if you’re a beginner, a convert or just looking for something simple to put in your pocket, this is a perfect little device to pick up - particularly if you want a nice simple fuss-free MTL vape.

This really goes in straight amongst the class leaders and there’s little to better it.

It certainly is an MVP contender indeed.

Innokin MVP Pod Kit.

Disclaimer: This is an independent review of a vape device kindly provided to me by @Innokin and is not associated with Planet Of The Vapes or any other organisation. The opinions here are purely my own and I am not receiving any payment or inducement for them.

View attachment 260113

It’s that time of year again. The leaves fall from the trees, children demand sweets with menace and we all give thanks for all the wonderful things we have.

It’s also the time of year a bearded gentleman looms on ominously the horizon bearing gifts, but this year he’s been beaten to it by @Innokin who’ve just delivered their new MVP pod kit for me to try out.

It’s been a while since I’ve last reviewed an @Innokin product so I was hoping I wasn’t going to be disappointed. Their stuff is always something I look forward to doing immensely.

When it arrived it came completely out of the blue so I was more than a little bit surprised that they’d remembered me at all, but not that I should’ve been, they’ve always been pretty on the ball. Not that that would stop me giving them a bad review if they deserved one though.

But fortunately, they’ve got nothing to worry about this time and I can honestly say the new MVP pod kit they’ve sent me is yet another little belter from the Shenzhen masters and another wonderful little addition to their pod line up.

If you’ve read any of my previous reviews, you may already have gathered I’m a huge fan of their Sceptre and Endura M18 kits and this, their new baby brother is no exception.

It fills a gap for a basic pod kit in their market admirably and even runs under the tagline ‘back to basics’

As you may gather from that then, this is a much smaller and much more basic kit than its two forebears, designed with the beginners market in mind and features a more limited battery life of 500mah, a smaller liquid capacity [2ml TPD / 2.7ml standard] and ‘captive-coil’ pods. But it does come with 0.65amp USB Type-C changing and two step power adjustment of 11 - 12.5w.

View attachment 260114 View attachment 260115
View attachment 260116 View attachment 260117

It comes in a choice of six lovely, glossy colours: Pink Fade, Liquid Amber, Stealth Black, Ocean Waves, Space Grey and Blue Fade. All set upon on a lightweight 107.88mm x 22.66mm x 13.38mm zinc-alloy chassis.

In the hand, it’s an extremely elegant and simplistic little unit, having just it’s front mounted fire/power button and side-mounted USB-C port for texture, giving a nice ergonomic feel in the hand and contouring nicely into the palm.

In the mouth, it feels just as nice, with the duck-billed mouthpiece tapered to a gentle tip to form a well sculpted, comfortable and natural fitting opening.

View attachment 260118 View attachment 260119
View attachment 260120 View attachment 260121

The pod itself recesses deeply into the mod, and is a side-filling 2.7ml [or 2ml TPD] affair that slides in nicely and is well magnetised. There is no hint of rattle of looseness here.

The juice port is big enough to take most smaller bottles and the bung is secure enough so that there is no hint of leaking.

Using it couldn’t be simpler. It’s called the MVP but it could easily be called the ABC.

With just a single non-changeable ‘captive’ 0.65ohm coil to choose from and two levels of power adjustment there’s not much to fuss yourself with.

It’s a simple draw or fire button activation device and provides adequate response with both, producing a decent cloud with good flavour.

The vertical round wire coils and pods are new to this device and are yet another triumph for Innokin. They work and wick really well.

The vape is nicely tight and provides an almost perfectly balanced MTL, while not being cheek puckeringly tight, it is tight enough to fall within most peoples remit of a natural MTL, and shouldn’t be too airy for anybody.

I found this to be really perfectly balanced for my tastes and extremely enjoyable.

The two ranges of warmth's helped with this too. Just double click the power button and you can go through the two settings with ease - the lower green 11w setting or the 12.5w red higher one, with your choice being illuminated by a coloured LED.

Giving more credence to this being an MTL device is the range of liquids they’ve advertised this device as being for. They’ve made a play on it being suitable both for 50/50 high PG juices and for nicotine salts - both modern MTL staples.

It’s quite unusual to see a manufacturer recommend juice types or viscosities for their devices so perhaps that’s an extra indication that they’re trying to attract the newcomers with this.

In the box you get all your usual sundries like your device, your two pods, your USB-C charging cable and your literature, all wrapped up in @Innokin’s laudable eco-friendly cardboard packaging.

There’s nothing much to see here, but thanks to its biodegradability that’s for the better.

View attachment 260122 View attachment 260123

All in all this is yet another little gem from @Innokin and it keeps them right at the forefront of the genre. It gives all their competitors something to aspire to and puts most to shame. The draw is perfect and the two stages of power adjustment are just right.

If I was being hypercritical a third stage of power adjustment wouldn’t have gone amiss, neither would some airflow control, interchangeable coils or a slightly larger battery, but I guess that would’ve just over complicated things and gone against the remit of keeping it small and simple. Those aside this is a perfect little device for what it is, and if it suits your needs it will suit them perfectly.

The build quality is top-draw and I have no doubts about the longevity of the device. All my previous @Innokin pods have lasted well and I have no doubts this one will be any different.

So if you’re a beginner, a convert or just looking for something simple to put in your pocket, this is a perfect little device to pick up - particularly if you want a nice simple fuss-free MTL vape.

This really goes in straight amongst the class leaders and there’s little to better it.

Thanks for the review mate. Looks good but maybe a bit too basic for me.

Thanks for the review mate. Looks good but maybe a bit too basic for me.

I'm not having a good time with mine, there's nothing here that Innokin haven't done better before and it suffers from many of the drawbacks that this kind of device suffers from and some extra ones.

The only interesting thing is it seems to be using the F0 AC current as it has that buzzy sensation when you draw on it. (That I can dial out on the mods that have it by altering the Hz) which might lead to a longer coil life..... unfortunately I've yet to find out about that as I destroyed the first 2 coils because there's no 'juice window/slot'.

I'll stop ranting and save it for my review but it's pretty disappointing and I'll be sticking with my M18 for pod duties.

Nice review @Astral , been using mine for a week or so now and found it simple but very good.
Only downside for me was not being able to see the e-liquid level in the pod when its fitted to the MVP body.

Innokin MVP Pod Kit.

View attachment 260113

View attachment 260114 View attachment 260115
View attachment 260116 View attachment 260117

View attachment 260118 View attachment 260119
View attachment 260120 View attachment 260121

View attachment 260122 View attachment 260123

Back
Top Bottom